Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

glutamine absorption

GenetiKing

I've heard varying opinions on how well free-from glutamine competes with other amino acids. Anyone know the truth about how to take this form of glutamine?

If it really doesn't absorb well with other protein, should it be taken by itself or with carbs (a simple sugar post-workout drink for instance)?

Many MRP's come with added glutamine. Does this mean that it's not being digested well with the other protein in the MRP? Is this why many people take it before bed and on an empty stomach?

Thanks...

I'm taking glutamine post workout with simple carbs - I believe that glutamine levels are depleted at that time, and right before goin' to bed. Despite this I think it does not compete with other aminos. Why would it be so? It's just one of 'em :cool: Sometimes I drink it right after the (usually kaseinate based, digested slowly) last meal.
Just my opinion

southern rage said:
g-king,here is a very good article on glutamine,the last part talks in detail about when to take it,hope this helps. www.getbig.com/articles/glut-l.htm

Thanks bro. The first link didn't work but the second one did. Good info. Apparently it's most important before you train...regardless.

Sorry we got off on the wrong foot on the training board, rage. :)

Just stay away from glutamic acid and glutamate. Some MPR use these instead. They are not the same as l-glutamine and the more stable glutamine peptides.

BigAndy69 said:
Just stay away from glutamic acid and glutamate. Some MPR use these instead. They are not the same as l-glutamine and the more stable glutamine peptides.

I have been buying L-Glutamine, not glutamine peptides. I was taking it twice daily, with meals. Apparently that's not the best way to go since, L-Glutamine doesn't like other aminos. Should I be drinking this stuff in water by itself or is it okay with some carbs?

Thanks.

To my understanding carbs=insulin increase=better uptake in the muscles. I take 10gr. post workout with creatine and grapejuice. Does this sound like a good plan to the rest of you?

Top Bottom