Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Girlfriend testing me

I agree.

People should look good and be healthy for themselves first and their partner second. I think it's ok in a relationship to encourage and motivate your partner to look and be their best if it comes from a place of love and wanting the best for them - not if it's from a place of what's best for you.

It's not ok, though, to nag someone about specific flaws thinking they'll change.

There's a big difference between the "lets go to the gym and get hot together" sentiment and a "your ____ looks like shit. You need to go to the gym and fix it" one.

yeah, me and the other half critique each others work outs for lagging body parts...and are semi brutal to each other about food stuffs but its mutual and not mean on either end

and when the other makes progress on something that hasn't been so great we're both quik to compliment each other.

lol @ tag.

you should really burn her house down. if she doesn't have one, buy her one, then burn it.

this will teach her.

Looking for some advice on my girl. She's recently started in with some snarky comments about my physique. Nothing too rough but just little comments ... "chicken legs" is a favorite recently. Weve always ribbed eachother a lot but this is taking on a new edge. I think she has an issue with my physique. She always notices muscly guys but we just joke about it. We both work out but no one would call me muscular for sure and in all candor i am a little self conscious about my skinny pegs. We have a typical male/female body comparison. her legs are probably more muscular than mine but my upper body is bigger. Anyway ... not sure whether to confront yer and let her know it bothers me or just blow it off.

Looking for some opinions ...

calling you names?? not encouraging you or building you up but tearing you down and belittling you?? I guess that's what her mom did to her dad, its learned behavior.. so you need to inform her or hit it and quit it, because that's now how women treat men..

yeah, me and the other half critique each others work outs for lagging body parts...and are semi brutal to each other about food stuffs but its mutual and not mean on either end

and when the other makes progress on something that hasn't been so great we're both quik to compliment each other.

I think it's different while working out. If I was self conscious of a body part and at the gym with my boyfriend, I think it's acceptable for him to come over and pump me up or help improve what I'm doing wrong or could do better. In a gym, I think it's acceptable to speak about training specific things. That's the whole point.

As with anything, it all depends on the people involved and how its said.
My man and I tease a lot. We always have, since way before we were together. But there have been times both of us has said something teasingly that struck a cord with the other. And at that moment, we said it didn't sit right with us, and the other discontinued making that joke, whatever it was.

Which is why this dude should just say something. A joke to one person isn't always a joke to another.

sounds like they got together.. she knew he had skinny legs but was okay with it, not a deal breaker yet.. but now since she worked out and improved herself she feels like he isn't keeping up with her physically so she is giving him hints that he needs to improve his legs. i don't see the relationship lasting regardless but if he wants to avoid the problem in the future he should definately fix his chicken legs not for her but for himself.

if it was a guy doing this to a girl it would be ridiculous i agree.

and she shouldn't be doing it in public that is immature. but sounds like they are young anyway and she doesn't care

I can't imagine legs being a deal breaker for someone, especially once already in a relationship. I just can't imagine a scenario where someone would actually think...you know, his legs are just too skinny and I just can't do this any more!

I'm an alien. :/

Top Bottom