Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Girlfriend and slow metabolism

Kristian

Hi All!

I need your opinions for this broblem. My g/f stats are: 174 cm/ 150 pounds, quite muscular. She has trained hard for about two years now. Strenght and muscle mass is going up very nice. Bench press is example somewhat over 100 pound for reps. The main thing is she has allways eat very litle, wild ques is litle over 2000 kcal many days even less. Anyway energy levels and muscle gains has newer be a real problem.

She dropped calories two weeks ago to 1500kcal. Ratio is 50% protein, 30& carbs and about 20 % fats. She use 4 MRP shakes and 2 two meals a day, vitamin mix and MD6 tre caps a day. Aerobics 4 to 5 times a week and heavy weight training 3 to 4 times a week.

Result after two weeks - less than one pound! Weight training is still going great, MD6 works very nice - no cravings at all. Weight loss seems to be stuck. Any ideas whats going on? Most of fat she is carrying on her buttocks and midle body, legs and arms are quite lean.

Nothing yet. Only MD6 and sometimes ECA. Btw she has used birthcontroll pills last 6 years. And what comes to calorie intake, even slighest adjustment to upward makes her gain immediatly few pounds.

Look at her diet. B/C will make a diff. My ex is now taking b/c and she could immediately tell a difference. She is not lifting m-f at 5am and doing cardio 4x a week at 7pm. She has finally found the way to break her weight loss barrier. She has also tried to clean up her diet a bit too. Would always kill me when she was complaining about not losing weight because she only had 1 double cheeseburger that day...and it was her only meal. Crazy.

Make sure that her intensity is there...that makes all of the difference in the world...work that cardio and keep the intensity high on the lifting. Don't look at the scale so much as you do measurements and how she looks in the mirror...

B True

what type of aerobics? classes, machines, running? how long? intensity high? read 'when 30+ 30 does not equal 60' thread for effective cardio info.
So good to hear of a woman lifting weights & giving attention to diet for fat loss! However much of it also comes from good 'ole sweating- first thing in the am on an empty stomach- results can't be beat.
Sometimes I wish we didn't have scales- it's how you feel & how clothes fit that motivate further progress. Who cares what you weigh anyway- unless she's competing. Who knows how accurate they are? This am a girl at the gym comes into the locker room- charged about her workout- jumps on the scale, sees her weight, responds,"it's all for nothing."
More lean mass=lower bf% but more weight.
Tape measures never lie.

Actually flex4 makes a good point - if you are measuring results of diet/training with a scale, probably going to be depressed about it. I was suprised to hear that wasn't an initial big loss due to water weight. However it may take like 3 weeks to see some results too.

The only comment I'd make about the diet is the high protein and number of shakes vs. real food. Don't quote me on the amount of protein - 50% just seems like a lot. You more often see 40-30-30. Make sure there are some good quality fat sources in there, including flax seed oil / EFAs. Also I dont' know if the protein shakes are the ones with more than 0-3 carbs or not. Those can be a big source of extra carbs too. Make sure you get enough carbs to run on and the rest in green leafy form, especially to keep all of that protein getting processed through. Might want to throw in some fiber for that as well. And maybe drop the number of protein shakes in favor of some real food.

Just a couple of thoughts.

Top Bottom