Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Gettinng back into building, need major advice.

Majorparts

Im looking to get back into bodybuilding, but more serious building than back in high school. I never actually set out a schedual or watched what i was specifically eating so i want to try to do things right now. Im looking to build leaner more efficiant muscle rather than just bulk up, I basically want to get a much more sculpted body that is powerful but not huge.

stats: hight 5'11, weight ~145, age 19, body build, slender-ish or average, unsure

Diet: aprox 2200-2400 calories per day, I dont know where all I should be getting my calories from so some advice would be nice (i know to get carbs and protiens but i dont know how i should be splitting up my intake) on workout days i will take about 70-80g of protien anmd on non workout days i take maybe 30g

The last thing is Id also like to see if people have any suggestions for supplements that would be good for me to use at the age of 19. Im currently using a powederd IsoPure and when i was in high school i took a 100% whey gold (or something like that) I use Isopure because it also has a lot of Vitaminns along w/ 50g of protien per serving. Its hard to distinguish whats actually a good supplement and what is advertised as "good" so if you guys have suggestions on supplements what have worked really well than please post them up. Also note that the cost is not TOO much of an issue for supplements, so if they are pricey, still suggest em. Thanks for the help, its very appreciated.

Thanks for posting this Major, has much more importance than the first so il try help my best hope it helps...

Supplements!
Ok so at your age I would suggest...

Whey Protein - You mentioned 100% Gold? If your meaning Optimum Nutrition 100% gold standard thats a great choice. Very fast acting whey protein one of the best on the market...

Ceasin Protein - Your body grows mostly during sleep so its vital to keep the protein source high while sleepin. The ceasin protein is slow releasing protein for a more gradual release. I think i saw the biggest difference from this supplemnt.

Creatine - Ok so you get two types... Monohydrated creatine or CEE (Creatine Ethyl Ester). I would suggest CEE creatine as its faster acting so not as much bloat as monohydrate creatine.

There are other extra suplements if you have the money but above are the basics I would suggest. Supplements should be used to help improve a good diet, not make it.

Diet!

I would suggest a clean bulk for your first month. With your stats aim for 2600 - 2800 clean calories consisting of 150g of protein or more. These rquirments should be split into 6 meals through out the day seperated by 2-3 hours, this will help keep your motabalism working and will help with keeping off that extra fat. I personaly try to stay away from high carbs after my workout which will also help.

If the above seems hard at first stick to what you know and just eat more of it :). You mentioned not recording what you eat. I find recording my diet and its results helps me improve it everyday. Diet is the key to sculting the body you want.

Training!

When bulking aim for 3-4 days at the gym. 5 or 6 days sounds better but in this case less is more. Your 3-4 days should be split between each body part and two simple splits might look like this...

3 Day Split
Monday - Chest, Shoulders(front and side delt) & Tri's
Wednesday - Back, Shoulders(rear delt) & Biceps
Friday - Legs

4 Day Split
Monday - Chest & Tri's
Wednesday - Shoulders
Friday - Back & Biceps
Saturday - Legs

Hope the above helps. Try stick to heavy compound movements while bulking. I dont agree with suggesting exercises as everybodys different and this should really be discoverd by years of training and getting to know your body. After all that is the fun of bodybuilding...

Good luck with your transformation mate!

Harry

In order to make big gains you have to eat a lot of food and lift hard. It needs to be consistent, you need to do it every day and not miss meals. You will hinder your gains by a lot without consistency.

At 145 lbs eat at least 200 g protein each day to gain muscle. 5-6 meals of 40 g protein each. Try to eat as much protein as possible. Also eat at least 3 g carbs per lb of bodyweight to build mass. So at least 450 g but I would eat a little more. Make sure to eat clean carbs to avoid fat gain. Clean carbs are complex carbs that break down slowly like red potatoes, ezekiel bread or brown rice.

You dont need any supplements except for protein supplements like BCAAs, Whey protein ISOLATE, and maybe EAAs. Casein protein is a good idea too but make sure its MICELLAR casein not calcium caseinate. Take the casein, 40-50 g at night right before going to bed. if you dont have casein protein drink maybe a quart of milk which has about 32 g protein.

200g a day seems like quite a bit, Im going to need a lot more protien... and my Iso pure is supposed to be protien isolate with a crapload of vitaminns (or so they claim its protien isolate) so if thats the case should I be getting protien isolate + whey protien + Casein?

oh yeah and harry, woul you suggest No Xplode for a creatine supplement? (also has nitric oxide and i have some nitric oxide pills and they seem to help w/ recovery time).

Last edited:
200g a day seems like quite a bit, Im going to need a lot more protien... and my Iso pure is supposed to be protien isolate with a crapload of vitaminns (or so they claim its protien isolate) so if thats the case should I be getting protien isolate + whey protien + Casein?

oh yeah and harry, woul you suggest No Xplode for a creatine supplement? (also has nitric oxide and i have some nitric oxide pills and they seem to help w/ recovery time).

No Xplode is a great product. Some people swear by it and some dont so I cant advise you to take it as everyone is different. I will however say I enjoyed it at your age, and you should definitly give it a go NATURALY. The reason I say naturaly as if you do decide to take it alosng side AAS the pumps will be unbarable. If it works you will for sure notice the difference.

Study your protein isolate tub. It will most definetly be Whey Protein Isolate. The difference between whey protein isolate and normal whey protein(whey protein monohydrate) is isolate is more pure protein. Resulting in a less bloated feel with lower fat and carb intake per gram.

So in other words they are the same. Hope this helps and yes 200 grams of protein does seem alot but if your food is clean enough it should be easy to maintain. Try aim for 30g of protein each meal for 6 meals a day.

Good luck brother

thanks for the advice harry, could I also ask you to split up your 4 day routine into more specific workouts i should be doing, I cant really think of many shoulder workouts than dips (which I already do) and I know Im supposed to be doing compounds so if you could name a few compound lifts for each of the days that would be really great, and thanks for all the advice so far. Oh yeah and I meant to ask if I should be consuming that much protien on my days off as well. (200g even on my off days?)

Last edited:
Yes consume a consistant diet during the week. Your body still grows on recovery days.

Dips are more for the triceps so you could use dips on your chest & tricep day. Its better to go heavy so try weighted dips for the extra push.

Compound - To combine so as to form a whole

In other words a movement which will use all fibers of the muscle group. In your shoulders you have 3 seperate heads/muscles. A compound movmenet will stimulate all 3 of these seperate parts of the muscle group in one rep.

The classic shoulder compound would be the "overhead dumbbell press". Probably the best shoulder compound exercise for adding size. You could use different variations of this to help keep the muscle guessing every week. I enjoy using both dumbbell and barbell variations.

"Side Lateral Raises"are more isolation movements for the side/middle delt but I always still keep this movement in and go heavy. This movement helps with that wide shoulder look and when adding size really helps.

Not sure if it was just shoulders you needed help for ideas with or each body part. If you need anymore help Im usualy online so dont hesitate but you could also try this niffty little tool from the BB.com website...

bodybuilding.com/exercises/

Lift big!

EDIT - The exercises in quotations where supposed to be links to help, apparantly cant post links yet so here they are for copy below...

Overhead Press - bodybuilding.com/exercises/detail/view/name/dumbbell-shoulder-press
Side Lateral Raise - bodybuilding.com/exercises/detail/view/name/side-lateral-raise

Top Bottom