Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Fat and stupid in America

BBQ

I feel your pain. The security line story certainly rings some bells.

I find myself in similar situations often; I've made a point of answering their rhetorical whining with pointed answers in a pleasing, calm tone of voice.

Example:

FattyWhiney "If thisline doesn't speed up I am going to miss my plane.?"

Skywalker: "Most people are aware that this is a holiday weekend and travel picks up. Perhaps you could have arrived here earlier".

:)

OMGWTFBBQ said:
I spent my Thanksgiving in America. I was surrounded by the fat and the stupid - frequently many would fill those descriptions in one loud and obnoxious flesh package.

People driving around in their monstrosities, totally oblivious to the world around them, looking desperately for new things that they can buy on credit to try to fill the void in their life.

I don't know what is more pathetic - those people and their cluelessness, or the fact that I will spend my life continually searching for ways to take those people's money.

To my credit, I didn't even hit anyone throughout the entire trip. Although I can think of about 10 times when I had to show great restraint.

LOL.....

I get that a lot when coming back from Europe.

Fonz

Synpax said:

Funny how you see nothing but negative about the people that are the most productive workers in the world (generate the most GDP per hour of work), work more hours than in any western Euro country, and have the highest average purchasing parity income in the world and a majority of the world's Nobel prize winners, despite having only 5% of the world's population.

Maybe you should talk to someone about your personal anger and frustration.

Yes but I guarantee that they make up only 10% of the US population and are not fat and ugly!

I wish more people would tell me to leave America when I in fact don't live there.

My family is there and I was visiting them.

OMGWTFBBQ said:
I actually don't really have any issue with fat people. They can do whatever the hell they want with their bodies.
And I honestly don't have any issue with stupid people - they can do whatever they want to themselves and go on however they like - American is a free country.

What annoys me is when that behavior then has a direct effect on those around them. It is one thing to do whatever the fuck you want for yourself, but when you start expecting everyone around you to drop everything and respond to you, that is where I find issues in it.

I was getting on one flight and the fact that the line wasn't moving fast enough bothered a fat old lady behind me. She said "I don't know what they are waiting on, they are just looking around at the birds."
Her voice was grating and whiney - it took much restraint for me not to turn around and say "wow! your holiday spirit is contagious!" and then shake her to death just to reduce the weight of the plane.
The real beauty was that she was sitting right next to me on the flight as well. She was making little whining and complaining noises the whole time. Fortunately it wasn't a long flight.

There were a ton of instances of it. People standing in the security line that were knocking me around simply because their fat bodies didn't do well in crowds.
And those people were audible voicing their concern that they would miss their flight due to the security line - also noting that they didn't see why they had to get their so early for their flight.
Then they would ask each person that they saw if they could be moved to the front of the line since they had been waiting for "hours" (even though they got in line at the same time as me and I had been there less than 45 mins).
Then they refused to take off their shoes because "I have a hard time reaching my shoes."

It was all very trying.

WOW!! Your post was filled with little anecdotal examples of human nature that I can find in nearly every part of the world:eek: In a nation of 300 million you can find aspects of it that annoy you! Astounding!?!?! How did we ever make it without your amazing skills of observation, Sherlock?

As for weight, the US is showing the consequences of economic liberty. A free market system allows for greater access to goods, food being one, that centrally planned or heavily regulated societies do not. What a person does with goods (food) is their choice, and their burden to bear, unless you wish to live in a totalitarian system, where every aspect of life is regulated.

Learn how to think objectively and then you will not be so uptight about shit that means less than nothing in the grand scheme of life. Until then, your whining is just as annoying as the old crotchety lady you complained about.

Top Bottom