Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Fasted cardio a.m and weight training p.m

Tipene101

I do 1 hr cardio everyday but usually after I finish lifting, would it be better to do fasted cardio in the morning then weight train at my normal time (6:30pm).. My goal it to cut up not gain mass

if you do 1 hour of cardio a day you should already be very cut. what are your stats? and what kind of cardio are you talking about?

your diet might need work.

I usually agree 100% with Steve but I think the fat loss returns on cardio are bell-shaped and an hour is too much for many people. It is not surprising to me that you could be doing an hour of cardio and still be carrying a good amount of body fat (look at all those chubby middle aged marathoners!).

Diet, like Steve said, is key. Also, what are your lifts like? How much rest do you take between sets.

More info please!

Hey guys thanks for replying , well I'm 21, 5ft 9, 85kgs 12%bf been training for 2 years now but have only been taking my diet and training seriously for the last 6 months, the last 2 months I have been on a carb cycle diet (No,High,No,Low,No,High,Low) which has worked great for me, losing 10kgs and 4% BF in the 2 months.. I was just wondering would it be better to split my cardio and weights up or just lower my cardio to say 30mins and continue doing cardio after weights..the whole reason Im asking the question is the whole PWO shake/Meal deal, when I do 1 hr cardio after weights i feel I'm having my PWO to late ..

^^^ still need more info man. what are your goals? you said you want to lean up right?

so stick with cardio, you are doing good.. and clean up your diet.. small portions is the key. avoid sugars, bad oils, dairy, bad fats as much as possible. you will get good results.

12% body fat is already trim.

bodybuilders typically do little cardio... we stick with weights, then will do like a quarter mile run after. I want to conserve my strength for the weights.
in your case you could do either.. when i was an endurance athlete i would do cardio first, then weights.

if your stats are accurate you already are holding a lot of muscle which is suprising since you say you do 1 hour of cardio a day. 5 9 and 187 with 12% body fat is very solid, not sure why you aren't happy with that

I'm wanting lean up abit more, get to single digit BF% I'll be happy with 10%, atm this is the leanest I've been so i shouldn't be complaining :p..also may I add the hour cardio I do is walking on the treadmill 6.5 kph/level 5 incline..
My diet is in check (well I believe it is)
Eat 5 meals a day
Protein source: chicken breast,tuna (springwater,olive oil),whey protein
Carbs on low and high days : brown rice , sweet potatoes, oats
Fats: mainly from almonds and the olive oil in my cans of tuna
I don't eat any junkfood, limit sugars to little as possible and i don't touch dairy.
Veggies: lettuce , broccoli, spinach etc etc

I think I'm going to do cardio a.m and weights p.m

Thanks for your guys help , I'm new to to this and I'm happy I get quick replies from people who know what there talking about

I'm wanting lean up abit more, get to single digit BF% I'll be happy with 10%, atm this is the leanest I've been so i shouldn't be complaining :p..also may I add the hour cardio I do is walking on the treadmill 6.5 kph/level 5 incline..
My diet is in check (well I believe it is)
Eat 5 meals a day
Protein source: chicken breast,tuna (springwater,olive oil),whey protein
Carbs on low and high days : brown rice , sweet potatoes, oats
Fats: mainly from almonds and the olive oil in my cans of tuna
I don't eat any junkfood, limit sugars to little as possible and i don't touch dairy.
Veggies: lettuce , broccoli, spinach etc etc

I think I'm going to do cardio a.m and weights p.m

Thanks for your guys help , I'm new to to this and I'm happy I get quick replies from people who know what there talking about

Try it and let us know how it goes. If you're looking to continue to build muscle, though, this sounds a little catabolic.

You might consider shortening the steady state cardio (to 30 minutes) and interspersing some HIIT (e.g. sprints) a couple days a week. Honestly, with your stats I think you could cut the steady state cardio out entirely and keep an eye on your rest between sets when lifting. If you are pushing yourself hard enough with the lifts the body will get in line.

If Steve disagrees listen to him. He knows more than I do, but that's just my experience.

^^ yes its catabolic but if that is your goal then go for it.

bodybuilders who strive for single digit bf do it slowly over time, not so fast as you want to do. but you can always cut down then bulk back up if you so choose.

sounds like you are well on your way to your goal

Top Bottom