Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

epistrong and women

Rebecca D

Elite mentor
I have been keeping up with Matties epistrong log. I know what it is like to spend hours looking for information about women and otc steroids with little success so I thought I would contribute my experience. The best information is peoples actual experience so I'll try and sum up my experience.

Starting stats: 5'5" 127lbs 18% bodyfat 41 years old. Been lifting 15 years, serious for about 5 years. Want to try a competition but too chicken.

I took epi from 1/30/10 to 3/1/10 for a total of 4 1/2 weeks. I took one 15mg cap each day splitting the dose and taking 1/2 cap in the mornings and 1/2 cap around 3:00 pm. Other supplements included a generic multi, glutamine, bcaa's, fish/flax oil,ZMA (at night) and forged liver support. I started out at about 150 grams of protein per day but I uped it to around 175-200 after one week. I am a very healthy eater so diet wasn't an issue.

The first two weeks were mostly good. I felt more energized in the gym and gradually felt stronger. I also started to notice my veins more. The epi didn't really kick in full strength but I could tell it was starting to work by the second week. I also started feeling warmer, especially at night. My weight went up from 127 to 130 the first two weeks and by the end of week two my lifts were starting to increase. I also noticed a slight increase in my libido.

Two negatives the second week were that I spotted even though my period was two weeks away and my sinuses started bothering me....like a slight cold. (This is important for later)

The third week was the best week. I felt great. My strength was through the roof and my muscle endurance was better as well. My body could tell that the epi was working. By this time I was really working hard in the gym. I pressed the 45lb dumbbells for 14 reps and the 50's for 9 reps. I also squatted 175lbs for 8 reps and curled 60lbs for 7 reps. These were all best or near best for me. Others started to notice I was adding a little size and definition. The spotting also stopped which was a relief. I really started to feel hot at night and would even sleep on top of the covers in February. Sinuses were on and off and throat seemed to stay dry. I was also eating like a horse and was hungrier than normal. (a healthy horse that is). My libido was through the roof this week. Very sensitive "down there" but in a good way.

The fourth week I felt like superman (woman). I couldn't wait to get to the gym and my workouts were as intense as they have ever been. I worked out two hours a day for six days. (Child care limit of two hours or I probably would have gone longer). Felt pumped and tight after workouts. My muscles felt fuller and thicker but not bloated---if you know what I mean. I squated 185 for 8 reps and pressed the 50lb dumbbells for 11 reps. At the end of four weeks my husband measured my biceps at 12.5 inches cold. After an intense workout they were 13 inches pumped. Normally they are just above 12 and just over 12.5 pumped. I was so pumped that I decided to continue the epistrong for 1-2 additional weeks. Also, my libido was like I was 20 again, which my husband appreciated. Very sensitive. My weight gain was close to 10lbs after four weeks. I went from 127 to 137 in just over four weeks. What was suprising was I didn't look like I gained a lot of weight. My muscles were fuller but I felt and looked tighter.

Fourth week concerns. My period should have started but it didn't. Also, a noticeable slightly sore throat. No increase in acne yet.

I started a fifth week but I stopped when I realize my sore throat was more than a cold. My voice is basically back to normal but there is this very slight rasp that I will probably have forever. Nobody has noticed except me and my husband. This would be my biggest red flag for the epistrong. I was tempted to up my dosage after two weeks. You feel so great that you want more. But I held steady with one cap/day and I am glad I did.

The next week I started forged post cycle and added creatine. I know the thinking is that women don't need anything post cycle but I received several PM's from experienced women who said other wise. One lady swore that I would love a product called sustain alpha but I already had the forged post cycle. I haven't researched the susrain but I may look at it if I try another cycle of the epi this fall. The forged product was recommended by someone I trust so I used it. I actually think it helped keep my estrogen from coming back too strong (my opinion). I ran it for three weeks and didn't have any mood swings or loss in strength. My workouts stayed intense.

It was after I finished the epi that I noticed an increase in acne on my chest and back. Not too bad but noticeable. I also didn't have my period until the middle of April...a total 2 1/2 months.

I cut my sets back by 50% the week after. My workouts were intense but shorter. The next week I went back to normal.

The end result of 4 1/2 weeks of epistrong was fuller muscles, felt tighter, increased strength, 10lb weight gain (which I didn't like even though it was mostly muscle--still look at the scale too much), more motivated and energized during workouts.

The biggest negative is voice concerns. Any cold like conditions or dry throat are the first signs to look for. Other sides included mild acne issues, sinus issues and an irregular period. Sweating at night didn't bother me but some may consider it a negative. Another possible negative that I loved was the increased sensitivity "down there". It went away about a week after I finished the epi.

As with any product of this nature make sure you find out as much as you can, take it slow and don't over-do-it. I am really a novice at this and I have been lifting seriously for 5 years. My diet is great and I work extremely hard in the gym. If you are not ready to eat right and work hard then stay away. If you think you are ready, research and talk to as many people (especially other women) who have experience and knowledge. If I decide to do another cycle of the epistrong I will keep it in the 3-4 week range. I may also divide the dose up into three doses a day.

There are several epi products out there but I personally trust epistrong. I like that it is 15mg/cap instead of 10mg and I trust the quality of the product as well. I also liked that my questions were answered promptly by needto and my order was received quickly. I ordered mine through the old neettobuildmuscle.com but from what I understand it can now be ordered through orbit nutrition at
http://www.orbitnutrition.com/index....62j8cqdh6hsa10.

My expriences ordering from needto have been all positive so far. His advice is to the point and helpful. He will even refund or replace a product if you are not satisfied.

I hope this helps provide valuable information. Everyone's experiences are different, this one is mine. If anyone has further questions feel free to pm me.

Thank you

Rebecca D:stilleto:

yay! so glad you posted this.

alot of this is very similar to my expericence so far, the "i think i have a cold" and the nighttime warmth! also the strength in the gym and the "down there" sensitivity :)

rebecca, i noticed you said you were eating like a horse and hungrier than usual...would you mind elaborating on that a bit? (what your diet was like during the cycle, etc)

thanks so much for this post! i was really excited to read it :)

I have been keeping up with Matties epistrong log. I know what it is like to spend hours looking for information about women and otc steroids with little success so I thought I would contribute my experience. The best information is peoples actual experience so I'll try and sum up my experience.

Starting stats: 5'5" 127lbs 18% bodyfat 41 years old. Been lifting 15 years, serious for about 5 years. Want to try a competition but too chicken.

I took epi from 1/30/10 to 3/1/10 for a total of 4 1/2 weeks. I took one 15mg cap each day splitting the dose and taking 1/2 cap in the mornings and 1/2 cap around 3:00 pm. Other supplements included a generic multi, glutamine, bcaa's, fish/flax oil,ZMA (at night) and forged liver support. I started out at about 150 grams of protein per day but I uped it to around 175-200 after one week. I am a very healthy eater so diet wasn't an issue.

The first two weeks were mostly good. I felt more energized in the gym and gradually felt stronger. I also started to notice my veins more. The epi didn't really kick in full strength but I could tell it was starting to work by the second week. I also started feeling warmer, especially at night. My weight went up from 127 to 130 the first two weeks and by the end of week two my lifts were starting to increase. I also noticed a slight increase in my libido.

Two negatives the second week were that I spotted even though my period was two weeks away and my sinuses started bothering me....like a slight cold. (This is important for later)

The third week was the best week. I felt great. My strength was through the roof and my muscle endurance was better as well. My body could tell that the epi was working. By this time I was really working hard in the gym. I pressed the 45lb dumbbells for 14 reps and the 50's for 9 reps. I also squatted 175lbs for 8 reps and curled 60lbs for 7 reps. These were all best or near best for me. Others started to notice I was adding a little size and definition. The spotting also stopped which was a relief. I really started to feel hot at night and would even sleep on top of the covers in February. Sinuses were on and off and throat seemed to stay dry. I was also eating like a horse and was hungrier than normal. (a healthy horse that is). My libido was through the roof this week. Very sensitive "down there" but in a good way.

The fourth week I felt like superman (woman). I couldn't wait to get to the gym and my workouts were as intense as they have ever been. I worked out two hours a day for six days. (Child care limit of two hours or I probably would have gone longer). Felt pumped and tight after workouts. My muscles felt fuller and thicker but not bloated---if you know what I mean. I squated 185 for 8 reps and pressed the 50lb dumbbells for 11 reps. At the end of four weeks my husband measured my biceps at 12.5 inches cold. After an intense workout they were 13 inches pumped. Normally they are just above 12 and just over 12.5 pumped. I was so pumped that I decided to continue the epistrong for 1-2 additional weeks. Also, my libido was like I was 20 again, which my husband appreciated. Very sensitive. My weight gain was close to 10lbs after four weeks. I went from 127 to 137 in just over four weeks. What was suprising was I didn't look like I gained a lot of weight. My muscles were fuller but I felt and looked tighter.

Fourth week concerns. My period should have started but it didn't. Also, a noticeable slightly sore throat. No increase in acne yet.

I started a fifth week but I stopped when I realize my sore throat was more than a cold. My voice is basically back to normal but there is this very slight rasp that I will probably have forever. Nobody has noticed except me and my husband. This would be my biggest red flag for the epistrong. I was tempted to up my dosage after two weeks. You feel so great that you want more. But I held steady with one cap/day and I am glad I did.

The next week I started forged post cycle and added creatine. I know the thinking is that women don't need anything post cycle but I received several PM's from experienced women who said other wise. One lady swore that I would love a product called sustain alpha but I already had the forged post cycle. I haven't researched the susrain but I may look at it if I try another cycle of the epi this fall. The forged product was recommended by someone I trust so I used it. I actually think it helped keep my estrogen from coming back too strong (my opinion). I ran it for three weeks and didn't have any mood swings or loss in strength. My workouts stayed intense.

It was after I finished the epi that I noticed an increase in acne on my chest and back. Not too bad but noticeable. I also didn't have my period until the middle of April...a total 2 1/2 months.

I cut my sets back by 50% the week after. My workouts were intense but shorter. The next week I went back to normal.

The end result of 4 1/2 weeks of epistrong was fuller muscles, felt tighter, increased strength, 10lb weight gain (which I didn't like even though it was mostly muscle--still look at the scale too much), more motivated and energized during workouts.

The biggest negative is voice concerns. Any cold like conditions or dry throat are the first signs to look for. Other sides included mild acne issues, sinus issues and an irregular period. Sweating at night didn't bother me but some may consider it a negative. Another possible negative that I loved was the increased sensitivity "down there". It went away about a week after I finished the epi.

As with any product of this nature make sure you find out as much as you can, take it slow and don't over-do-it. I am really a novice at this and I have been lifting seriously for 5 years. My diet is great and I work extremely hard in the gym. If you are not ready to eat right and work hard then stay away. If you think you are ready, research and talk to as many people (especially other women) who have experience and knowledge. If I decide to do another cycle of the epistrong I will keep it in the 3-4 week range. I may also divide the dose up into three doses a day.

There are several epi products out there but I personally trust epistrong. I like that it is 15mg/cap instead of 10mg and I trust the quality of the product as well. I also liked that my questions were answered promptly by needto and my order was received quickly. I ordered mine through the old neettobuildmuscle.com but from what I understand it can now be ordered through orbit nutrition at

My expriences ordering from needto have been all positive so far. His advice is to the point and helpful. He will even refund or replace a product if you are not satisfied.

I hope this helps provide valuable information. Everyone's experiences are different, this one is mine. If anyone has further questions feel free to pm me.

Thank you

Very great review, thanks for sharing. This should help a lot of women know what they are getting into and what to look out for.

Thank you

I make the product but I am still a man. So I read the whole right up and came back to this part about 20 times. :D

Anyway all pigness aside I am happy you took the time to come out and give your review girl. I know woman are not keen on sharing things like this so it means a lot.

Great review, really appreciate all the details. I second the earlier comment; if you could give a really brief overview on what your diet was like (macro's, anyway), that would be the icing on the cake.

Thanks!

D

Having been a fairly healthy eater for at least 10 years I didn't make too many adjustments to my diet except for more food. I will give a typical days diet while using the epistrong.

7:00am Meal 1: Protein pancake with one whole egg, 3 egg whites, 1/4 cup oatmeal, one scoop protein powder. Sometimes I add spinach as well. Love my veggies.

8:00-10:00am workout

10:00am Meal 2: Protein shake with skim milk, lowfat peanut butter with flax oil, a few blueberries, and protein powder

12:30-1:00pm Meal 3: Big salad with spinach, brocolli, carrots, tomatos, ect....(A good salad should have dark green lettuce and lots of colorful veggies) 6-8oz chicken or tuna and a sprinkle of fat free cheese. Also a plain 1/2 sweet potato. (I cook them ahead of time and then freeze them, all I have to do is microwave)

3:00-3:30pm Meal 4: Greek yogurt or lowfat cottage cheese poured over some red grapes and a few almonds on the side.

6:00pm Meal 5: 1/2 to 1 cup of brown rice, couscous, or quinoa with 6oz or so of flank steak and asparagus and a small salad loaded with fresh veggies.

9:00pm Meal 6: A protein shake with skim milk. Can't handle them with just water.

I didn't use a scale and calculator but this put me at about 175-200 grams of protein/day. (normally I am around 150 grams). If I felt I was short on protein I might add two scoops in my shake at night. Whey protein in early shake and Casein protein at night.

I know this isn't a perfect diet but it worked for me. I never felt out of energy and I felt like I was feeding my body what it needed. (I was noticeably hungrier). I did a lot of research, but I do realize that if I try to take this any further I'm sure I will need to be "exact" in counting carbs, fat, and protein. This wasn't my exact meal every day, but the diet above is a fairly accurate picture of my daily intake while taking the epistrong.

Please feel free to critique and give suggestions. I plan on trying the epistrong again and want to improve any area I can. I am always willing to learn.

Rebecca D:qt:

thanks rebecca! i wish i loved veggies more...i hardly ever eat them. they make me really gassy and bloated anyway. :) how awesome are protein pancakes tho?! love em. usually enjoy a couple of those for dinner...i like mine with a bit of pb and sugar free syrup...mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. i also picked up some sugar free jam, its pretty righteous too...but im trying to keep the fake sugars to a minimum.

other diet staples for me: oats, brown rice, yams, chicken breast, tilapia, (the last 3 items are what my freezer is FULL of...got bored one saturday and thought id be proactive, lol) lean ground turkey, egg whites, fat free cottage cheese, lots and lots of whey. occasionaly i might have lean ground beef...theres been a handfull of nuts here and there...couple of protein bars here and there...been pretty clean for the most part. ive only had a 3 or 4 meals this whole time that were less than honorable, hehe.

Rebecca, firstly, thanks very much for the detailed post. We all appreciate this summary. I do have a few follow up questions if you don't mind.

1)You didn't mention any pre- and postcycle bodyfat measures to try to calculate LBM. Of that ten pound bw gain, how much do you think was LBM gain?

2)Six weeks postcycle, what is your bw now and what are your strength levels?

I used a skinfold caliper and my husband took my measurements. We did it three days in a row and came out with an average of 18% when I started. (16, 18, 19) When I finished we did the same thing and came out with an average of 17%. (16, 17, 17). I know this could be done more accurate but I feel it is close. I will try and get one done at my gym this week.

As for strength I have cut back on the heavy weight in bench and squats because of sore joints. To make up for this I have pushed myself on reps. I squatted 135lbs for 20 reps this past week. That was five more than I have ever done. I have been pressing the 40lb dumbbells for 13-15 reps on the chest press. My curls last week were with the 60lb bar for 7 and the 50lb bar for 12 reps. So overall I have lost a little strength but kept most of it. My diet has been good but not as strict the past three weeks.

Rebecca D:)

I used a skinfold caliper and my husband took my measurements. We did it three days in a row and came out with an average of 18% when I started. (16, 18, 19) When I finished we did the same thing and came out with an average of 17%. (16, 17, 17). I know this could be done more accurate but I feel it is close. I will try and get one done at my gym this week.

As for strength I have cut back on the heavy weight in bench and squats because of sore joints. To make up for this I have pushed myself on reps. I squatted 135lbs for 20 reps this past week. That was five more than I have ever done. I have been pressing the 40lb dumbbells for 13-15 reps on the chest press. My curls last week were with the 60lb bar for 7 and the 50lb bar for 12 reps. So overall I have lost a little strength but kept most of it. My diet has been good but not as strict the past three weeks.

Rebecca D:)

Wow. That sounds like perhaps all of that bw gain might have been muscle, unless you feel like the Epi may have encouraged some water retention along the way. Outstanding gains and retention.

Top Bottom