Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Diet Plan Critique Pls - Am I using too much Whey?

tha_Waco_kid

Hey folks - thanks for all the great info on this sight! I always check here first when I have a fitness related question of any kind.

I'm currently in a very strict cutting phase (all natural)

Should start out by saying I'm following the IF approach as outlined by LeanGains...ie, feeding 12-8pm only. I'm following a very strict calorie requirement as I'm trying to lose weight (fat) first and foremost....not excited about losing any muscle but I would spare a bit if it helped me get down to the BF i'm shooting for.(Under 10%). I have a very hard time losing weight but can gain it easily...Once I get to the goal, I will re-assess my diet to be able to get back to gaining, but doing it cleanly.

here's what I'm doing - I only eat one meal a day, and supplement the rest with Whey.

Cardio (7x per week, 6:00 am) - LISS 1 Hour, 500 cals
BCAA - 13 grams before and after, sometimes a 3rd serving

12:00 - Break the fast with 2 scoops whey
2:00 - 2 scoops whey
4:00 - 2 scoops whey
6:00 - Dinner - Salad (Chicken, spinach, fresh veggies, feta cheese, balsamic/olive oil (850 -1000 cals))
8:00 - 2 scoops whey before fasting period begins.

4x per week I also lift in the afternoons, before dinner meal.

Totals:

1925 Cals
61% Protein (285 g)
27% Fat (56 g)
13% Carb (58 g)

I am 6'2, 225lbs, ~15% BF, 32 years old.

Other Supps:
Need2Burn / Forged Burner for appetite and energy boost
Need2Slin
Calcium, flax oil, fiber chews, daily multi vitamin

I try to net out at about 1500 cals per day, so on Lift days I add some calories usually of the fruit / carb variety.

My main question is - is this dangerous in any way?...Is this a bad idea? am I doing more harm than good? I was on a pretty strict diet before this for a good 2 months but hit the wall hard and stopped losing, somewhere around 15% BF i'd guess. I've been doing this diet listed above for 2 weeks now and the lbs are starting to shed and my lifts are still strong. Feeling pretty good overall. I am not planning on doing this long term, just maybe 6-8 weeks to get me through this tough last phase of cutting. I know it's a lot of whey and not a lot of real food, but this seems to be the easiest way for me to be strict about things. I like the diet because I'm never hungry with the protein every 2 hours in addition to the stims which suppress my appetite something fierce.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Too many shakes...need more solid food. You are robbing your body of nutrients that whole food provides. Your first meal after fasting should be a whole food meal IMO...lean protein, carbs, and veggies. You are relying way too much on shakes!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using EliteFitness

Too many shakes...need more solid food. You are robbing your body of nutrients that whole food provides. Your first meal after fasting should be a whole food meal IMO...lean protein, carbs, and veggies. You are relying way too much on shakes!

Thanks for the reply -

I fully understand your point and agree - but, even if I did this only for a short term cycle to switch things up? 6-8 weeks.? I have tried eating more solid foods every which way, and even with my calories and macros lined up I swear the fat stops burning at a certain plateau point in my cutting.

I know that real food is always better than supps, but I've exhausted my other approaches and this is the only thing that seems to work.

Well, if it is working for you then stick with it until you hit a plateau and then switch it up...not a bad idea, but I would switch it to...whole food, shake, whole food, shake, whole food, shake after...as long as you are making progress towards your goals then roll with it!

Top Bottom