Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Correct Form Lateral Raises

For the record I agree with you

I just wondered if using cable laterals was better for isolating the muscle concerned

I dont use them personally

I believe the combination of cable(laterals) with dumbells may be ok, but ultimately, dbls win my vote. Bottom line is that laterals require a lot of focus. This movement is essential to well rounded developement and is one of those movements that if you dont do it coreectly, it aint gonna work. LOL

If your stuck in a rut with laterals, perhaps think about using isotonic resistance. Have you ever seen the worlds strongest man comps were they hold some 14;th century swords out at arms lenght anbd see how long they can hold them there. Give em a try.

i personally like latteral dumbbell raises over cable laterals, the cable laterals are way too uncomfortable. :D

I usually do side laterals with the cables. The resistance is constant throughout the entire ROM whereas with DB's, the resistance dies as you lower the weight.

Also, a slight twist of the wrist as you reach the apex is great for achieveing a maximal delt contraction.

My opinion on this is that basically everyone is somewhat different biomechanically. Experiment around and see which methods tweak your delts the best. I've found that using cables, bringing the handle in front of me, going a bit above parallel, and twisting the wrist at the top are the best ways to go for me. Also, I bend over a tad and bring the cable handle in a slight backward arch instead of straight out to my side.

This one of the exercises that you've just got to find the right groove and perform it strictly for it to be benefitial.

Top Bottom