Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

cardio and catabolic questions

Alright, this word "catabolic" keeps being thrown around

I am trying to do some serious research into the affects on your body from doing different type of cardio!!!

All I really need is good web sites that has performed good research on this reaction of the body!?

I am also googeling the hell out of it, but I would like to lessen my work load on the actual finding of the web sites, so I can concentrate more time on the actual research of the subject!

plus I dont really have that much time, seeing that I am putting together a class for some people in the next few days and I work 12 hours a day to begin with, coupled with my work out routine! ;)

thanx in advance, all help is much appreciated!!!

Ok, after some reading and thinking while I sit and ate lunch, I came to some of my own conclussions...

Catabolic state is something you body falls into no matter what, when doing extensive exercizing! and it is basically when your body feeds off of its muscles instead of its stored fat?!!

My questions about it is:

If it is going to happen inevitably when does it occur? does it happen at a certain time when doing cardio? does it start when your heart rate reaches a certain level?

The reason I ask, is because if fat=energy source. To me that means that when your body needs a source of energy (of course after it expels its source you are feeding it) it would first tap into body fat, becuase that is what it is for? right? If that is so, then your body has to get to reach a state of panic that would scare itself into a self preservation state (catabolic state) and start burning muscle instead! if this theory is correct what method can you use to determine when you would reach this state?

Just my thoughts on it, cant wait to hear from some experts!

catabolism is inevitable

But with enough protein all day long, anabolism > catabolism

If I'm not wrong, I think your body taps into your glycogen first as an energy source, then fat, then muscle. But Anthrax is right, protein throughout the day will help prevent

My brother is in Med School and I had him ask one of his professors about this very topic, and he said the body only uses muscle as a last resort. And that you'd really have to be close to starving for your body to burn muscle.

I think when people cut and they complain about muscle loss, two possible things are happening:
a) they aren't giving their body enough protein and/or food;
b) they are losing bodyfat, making them look smaller, so they conclude that muscle was lost when in fact very little was

Top Bottom