Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Bulking: Clean eating and still lose bf?

Xtreme2001

I'm bulking shortly.. I'm getting sick of dieting :) especially with no drugs :)

I'm doing a cycle, which could either be a cutting or bulking, but I'm sticking to bulking. Most would say a bulk cycle is when you can eat whatever you desire and enjoy it. I know the concept of bulking is to become fat/thicker, but is it still possible to drop bf while eating clean? even though you're consuming alot more then what you would be if you were cutting/dieting.

Is it possible?

It depends on how long you have been lifting and genetics...but for most people I would say no...However, if you eat pretty clean and just up the calories you can add lean muscle with very minimal fat gains. Just remember that some of the bulk you add is water frome extra carbs so if you look a little bloated its not all fat....what works best for me is to just keep the cardio going while you bulk...(others will disagree) but im not a hardgainer and i can still add good muscle while doing light cardio...I also find that its easier to start cutting again with that base of cardio rather than going from none to full bore

If you consume more calories than you expend, you are going to gain fat, no matter how "clean" you eat. You can, however, get more of the positive benefits of bulking for the same amount of fat gain by not going crazy with your fat (and maybe fructose) intake.

Par Deus said:
If you consume more calories than you expend, you are going to gain fat, no matter how "clean" you eat. You can, however, get more of the positive benefits of bulking for the same amount of fat gain by not going crazy with your fat (and maybe fructose) intake.

par..is there a clean blucking diet you could recommend for a gal?

rez said:

par..is there a clean blucking diet you could recommend for a gal?

I don't really think eating clean is necessary (actually kind of counterproductive) on a bulking cycle, as long as you do not overdo fat or fructose intake. Overfeeding of carbohydrates (and high GI ones are best) raises insulin and leptin, which are what is responsible for the benefits of a bulking cycle, in regards to muscle gain.

Par Deus said:

I don't really think eating clean is necessary (actually kind of counterproductive) on a bulking cycle, as long as you do not overdo fat or fructose intake. Overfeeding of carbohydrates (and high GI ones are best) raises insulin and leptin, which are what is responsible for the benefits of a bulking cycle, in regards to muscle gain.

What do you consider overdoing fat and fructose?

=w= said:

What do you consider overdoing fat and fructose?

More than 50-100 grams of fructose (depending on size and activity level), more than 20% of calories from fat.

Per day.

Top Bottom