Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Building a new computer soon, experienced peeps let me know if this looks ok...

Tom Treutlein said:
Okay first off, what does it mean to 'overclock' it?

Second...this is depressing. My computer is four years old. $2300 or so when I bought it at 14. I saved up for the whole thing, 'cause my family sucks. :kaioken:

Pentium III 933 MHz
40 GB harddrive
17" monitor
32 mb GeForce nVidia Graphics Card
128 mb SDRAM

God damn...

In layman's terms, it means to adjust the cpu clock ratio to increase its speed. In other words I have a 1.5 gig amd athlon xp that is actually a 1.8 gig due to overclocking it. The problem with overclocking is it can create system instability, and to avoid this one must adjust the voltage to the cpu, ram etc. This in turn can damage the components, primarily by overheating. Hince the concern with "liquid cooling" "heat sinks" etc with modified computers. Part of the reason you paid that price was for waranty, having someone else build it ect. It probably would have ran you at least a $1000 less had you built it yourself, if not more.

answer my question you muscle bound oaf! why not AMD? as an AMD fan boy, i demand answers!

Hmm...

$1000? Just for building it myself? I doubt that. Maybe, though.

I want a new computer soon. Fairly soon, anyway.

How would I build one myself? I need info on this shiznit.

The biggest bottleneck a computer has is the hard drive, i recommend getting a 10k rpm western digital raptor drive, you will notice a HUGE jump in performance right away, it's like creatine for a computer, instant gratification.

Did you know that Windows XP has a detection system of your computer performance, and if it is too good that it will run all kinds of dummy programs to make your computer slower? Not really but it feels like that. Please put Linux on your animal computer.
And don't forget a SCSI drive or at least a twin RAID drive.

go sata on your hd, i know you will, configure it raid 0 too. does your board have PCIe? if you are into gaming as much as you say, go witha dual graphics card. 2 fx 6800's would work. and 2 gigs of ram is MORE than plenty

Top Bottom