Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Breakfast food other than Oatmeal

this is what I did so I could stand oatmeal...first take your oats and mix them with just enough water to make it like a thick paste then microwave for 2 min or so, alomost tastes like a granola bar !:D

One thing most people get caught up in, including myself, is that just because it is breakfast, doesn't mean you have to eat breakfast type foods. My mom used to tell me when i was little that drinking coke in the morning was bad for me, and that it would be better for my body later on in the day. This of course is completely wrong considering that breakfast would be the best time to consume a high/fast GI carb meal other than the one for your post-workout meal. God, my mom is the last person I WOULD EVER, EVER, EVER take nutrition advice from! I guess what I am trying to get at here is that you don't have to limit yourself to breakfast type foods for breakfast.

NOTE: I don't condone drinking cokes or any of that other high sugar crap that has taken over America for awhile. I was just using it as an example. The only time these sugars should really be beneficial is in your post-workout shake...but you all knew that right?

MR. BMJ

Re: b'feast

TheGame2001 said:
breakfeast is not a meal to be made quick, its the most important meal of the day. Mom wasn't wrong about that, especially to bodybuilders, it kickstarts the metabolism for the day.

My breakfast:
9 eggs using 2 yolks scrambled
1 cup oats
1 bagel with jelly
coffee
aspirin
ephedrine

Dood, you're one ripped focker! Awesome job! Must be the breakfast :D

BMJ, bro, I follow, but seriously who would go for steak, a baked potato and broccoli instead of a breafast like food at breakfast?
Its a habit that at least reminds us we have lives apart from weight lifting, IMO. And unbreakfastlike foods take too long and really can be rather tiresome to smell and cook at 6am. I would hate to smell steak in the kitchen when I wake up. But then again, i have to smell tuna everyday as I pack my tuna sandwiches to take with me on the go.

In any case, you can always cut the crap, measure out 1C of oats, put some in your mouth, and down with water. Repeat until done. Now that's a mans breakfast. Follow with a protein shake. Thats what I do when im in a rush. Watch out. you might puke if you chug too fast.

Peace

About the eggwhites, you can find the microwaveabe recipe online. You just put em on a round microwaveable glass thing that will hold the eggs from spilling (not a plate, perhaps a bowl, but something with a barrier is better) just put em in, and microwave. I think you might have to add something else, i forget, but the result is spongey and of course you cannot measure the exact cuisson. Its a waste of energy . just cook the damn eggs.

blood_drinker said:
BMJ, bro, I follow, but seriously who would go for steak, a baked potato and broccoli instead of a breafast like food at breakfast?
Its a habit that at least reminds us we have lives apart from weight lifting, IMO. And unbreakfastlike foods take too long and really can be rather tiresome to smell and cook at 6am. I would hate to smell steak in the kitchen when I wake up. But then again, i have to smell tuna everyday as I pack my tuna sandwiches to take with me on the go."

Blood, Correct, but my main point was that you do not have to eat the usual eggs, oatmeal, and protein drink for breakfast. The myth that people should only eat breakfast foods for breakfast is just that...A MYTH. Breakfast foods in some parts of the world are not considered breakfast foods in other parts of the world. I see your point about the tuna, but I wouldn't recommend a protein like this in the morning anyway after an over-night fast. The problemn we have is when it comes down to finding protein sources because there just isn't much to choose from outside of meats, protein powders, and dairy.

As I am typing this, one of my favorite breakfast meals when I have time to make it is French toast (mixed with egg and cinnamon...topped-off with some sugar free syrup) and a protein drink.:p

MR. BMJ

Another thing one can do is prepare dishes ahead of time that have high protein portions. These meals can consist of eggs, whey, and cottage cheese. You just have to be creative. Whey is a great filler in baking. You can add whey to something like chocolate peanut butter oatmeal cookies...fuck those are good:p Pancakes, muffins, etc...

Cottage cheese hides well in most pastas. All you would have to do is heat up whatever dish is to be eaten in the microwave, and grub down.

There are various dishes out there that use eggs as a protein, you just have to find them.

But, I do have to admit, the convenience of just adding some protein powder to some water or milk in a shaker bottle is my favorite because of its time efficiency.

MR. BMJ

Top Bottom