Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Biceps dont grow!!! I hate triceps!!!

I think its all form and listening to your body. My arms aren't very big 17.5"s... I have people come up to me and ask what I do all the time. They tell me my arms are huge.
Here is all I do:

Wide grip curls 4 sets 15, 12, 9, 6 *increasing the lbs each set
Pronated curls 4 sets 15, 12, 9, 6 *increasing again each set

*I change up the next two sets between what is listed below:

Hammer curls 4 sets 15, 12, 9, 6 *increasing again each set
Cables.. standing between. Like you are doing a dbl bi shot. I flex the whole way in.. then the whole way out. It gives you a massive peak
Concentration curls 4 sets 15, 12, 9, 6 *increasing again each set
Standing cable curls 4 sets 15, 12, 9, 6 *increasing again each set
Rack. Start at 50's or so do as many as I can then drop 5lbs and repeat until I am curling 5lbers.

*On all of these exercizes I follow strict form. No swaying. Elbows are locked in at my side. They don't move forward when the dumbell gets near my shoulder. If you do that... drop the lbs until you don't. You are only cheating yourself

Listen to you body too!

I squeeze my biceps for a few seconds at the top of the contraction..... it burns like hell and it's helped my biceps grow

slat1 said:
I think its all form and listening to your body. My arms aren't very big 17.5"s... I have people come up to me and ask what I do all the time. They tell me my arms are huge.
Here is all I do:

Wide grip curls 4 sets 15, 12, 9, 6 *increasing the lbs each set
Pronated curls 4 sets 15, 12, 9, 6 *increasing again each set

*I change up the next two sets between what is listed below:

Hammer curls 4 sets 15, 12, 9, 6 *increasing again each set
Cables.. standing between. Like you are doing a dbl bi shot. I flex the whole way in.. then the whole way out. It gives you a massive peak
Concentration curls 4 sets 15, 12, 9, 6 *increasing again each set
Standing cable curls 4 sets 15, 12, 9, 6 *increasing again each set
Rack. Start at 50's or so do as many as I can then drop 5lbs and repeat until I am curling 5lbers.

*On all of these exercizes I follow strict form. No swaying. Elbows are locked in at my side. They don't move forward when the dumbell gets near my shoulder. If you do that... drop the lbs until you don't. You are only cheating yourself

Listen to you body too!

The standing cable curls works great if you never done them before, also try doing cable crossovers and concentrate on the bi's more than the chest...the only thing i like to do also is cheat on my last few reps to squeeze out a few extra. believe me you will have massive amounts of blood flowing to your arm if you squeeze out a couple extra

One thing you might want to look at is your form when you do curls. Almost all of the people I watch at the gym move their elbows up when they curl the weight up, and then move them back down when the lower the weight. This takes alot of the stress off of the biceps and puts it on muscles like your anterior delt. It is scary how many people dont do curls the right way. That metal band that fits around your waist with straps on it that fit over the shoulders, Arnold used to really like it, may help some people keep it strict. Or try standing against a wall and keep your elbows glued to the wall.

RADAR said:
Try doing Drag curls. You drag the bar up along your chest keeping the elbows stationary!
Bear in mind you won't be able to handle as much weight as you are accustomed to but it will stimulate growth.
RADAR

HOLLY SHIT!!!!!! i have never herd of this til i read the post yesterday so i tried to use it in todays work out.....call me a pussy or something cuz i was using the strait bar 50 on my first set and by the end of the second set my arms were already pumped like i just did 6 sets of regular curls......i wish i could give karma cuz thats so good assssss mutha fuckn works out....props buddy

Last edited:
maldorf said:
One thing you might want to look at is your form when you do curls. Almost all of the people I watch at the gym move their elbows up when they curl the weight up, and then move them back down when the lower the weight. This takes alot of the stress off of the biceps and puts it on muscles like your anterior delt. It is scary how many people dont do curls the right way. That metal band that fits around your waist with straps on it that fit over the shoulders, Arnold used to really like it, may help some people keep it strict. Or try standing against a wall and keep your elbows glued to the wall.

they were called the arm blaster or something like that. I used to work out in a gym with a lot of pro football players, and they all did their curls standing against the wall. They were cool enough to give me some good training advice and it helps keep your traps and delts out of the movement.

I tried those drag curls RADAR talked about. They isolate very well, and seem to work great. I'm going to incorporate them into my bi work-outs for a while and see what happens.

Should I ease up on tricep routine? Or keep blasting them? I just dont want them to be too out of porpotion with my biceps...... do you think they will catch up? porpotionally if I keep blasting my biceps?

tommboy said:
Should I ease up on tricep routine? Or keep blasting them? I just dont want them to be too out of porpotion with my biceps...... do you think they will catch up? porpotionally if I keep blasting my biceps?

Keep hitting them, everything eventually falls into place,as long as you don't favor them more than your bi's

RADAR

maldorf said:

Good advice. I also recomend sitting backward on the preacher curl bench and keeping your elbows against the pad.

Top Bottom