Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Best time to train. Morning or night?

Bruvstar

Banned
I have heard rumpled that because your metabolism is at it's peak in morning it's beat to train then...

I've always trained a.m. What do you guys think?

if you can train AM and then get a nap in the afternoon in then that is a great strategy. otherwise train late in the day before the sun goes down, eat, and then hit the sack hard. sleep is crucial after a workout either way.

the worst strategy would be working out at night after the sun is down. just not how our bodies are wired IMO.

I've never been a big fan of the early AM workout. I need to get at least a few solid meals in me first. I generally don't get to the gym till 8 or 9 PM after work. Then it PWO shake, a meal an hour or so later, and another carb free shake before bed.

On off days, I'll train early to mid afternoon.

I think it depends on the individual. I've tried training in the morning and I just can't do it. I'm sluggish and low energy. I'm more of a later afternoon type. I don't think there is one proven way. Just my opinion tho

What I have come to realize after working out in the entire spectrum of times is that consistency plays the largest role.

When I was a dumb 14 year old I used to lift at 1 am before bed during the summer

When I hit HS it was 2:00 every day after school

When I went to college it became 5 pm everyday

During winter break I go in at about noon

In the summers I get up before work (6am) to go to the gym because I life guard and all the sun ruins me for an after work workout.

The most important part about finding the right time is going at that time consistently. The first week of adjusting to a new time can be tough, but after a few days your body gets used to it and you'll perform just as well as you did when you went at your previous time. If your not a morning person, working out in the AM can make you a morning person, after the initial shock of your first few workouts.

I realize I am missing the question of when the BEST time is to workout, just thought it should be mentioned that anytime can be a good time to workout, provided you don't do anything screwy with your nutrition.

It is personal preference but have to agree with stevesmi. I find I'm
Able to lift harder and heavier in the mornings after rest.

Is there any science behind the question

In the am, the more time you have to cram yourself with protein and carbs after a workout the better.

If you workout too late and only get one meal in afterwards you are most certainly not as well off as someone who works out early then eats all day.

I have had this debate many times and have done a lot of thinking/research and the conclusion I came to was food is more important than sleep in the hours following a workout.

Top Bottom