Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Bad for Back?

DaveNY

Hey guys,

Today I went into the gym to do back. I thought about starting with deads, but I decided to go with the usual start. So I grab a olympic bar, put one end in a corner, grab the triangular grip, get ready to start loading plates on one end, and all of a sudden one of the trainers says, "that's terrible for your back. you can do them, but it's really terrible for your back." So, I'm thinking, STFU I'm tryna workout, but I think about what he's saying. He says, "think about it, you're trying to work out your upper back and lats, but you're putting all the strain on your lower back. you'd be better off doing SLDL's." Is he right? Should I quit doing the t-bars?

DaveNY :fro:

would'nt stop - one of the best back exercises in my opinion - just maintain good form and it should'nt be a prob

You are flexing your lower back to support yourself. But that doesnt mean all of the stress is on the lower back.....if you are doing them correctly far more stress is applied to your lats etc.
That trainer sounds like most other trainers (I do acknowledge that there are good trainers so dont hassle me if you are a good trainer!). He was prob telling you that just to impress somebody. Also, I didnt realise that using your lower back was sucha crime....if you do it right.

DaveNY said:
Hey guys,

Today I went into the gym to do back. I thought about starting with deads, but I decided to go with the usual start. So I grab a olympic bar, put one end in a corner, grab the triangular grip, get ready to start loading plates on one end, and all of a sudden one of the trainers says, "that's terrible for your back. you can do them, but it's really terrible for your back." So, I'm thinking, STFU I'm tryna workout, but I think about what he's saying. He says, "think about it, you're trying to work out your upper back and lats, but you're putting all the strain on your lower back. you'd be better off doing SLDL's." Is he right? Should I quit doing the t-bars?

DaveNY :fro:

i think it has alot to do with what kinda personal trainer the guy was. if he was a "bodybuilder"- personal trainer, he would have more knowledge about developing the different musclegroups, and he would know that most bodybuilders have stronger back that your average workout joe. but if he was the kinda personal trainer that helps lil ol ladies on the treadmill and stuff, he probably doesent know better....no offense to any personal trainer out there

Top Bottom