Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Arizona defies Obama

I am a full supporter of states rights. my only issue is that this only pushes the problem elsewhere.. if you are an illegal in AZ, you're going to Texas or California.

I won't bother rephrasing what a friend said:

I do find it ironic that the same folks who pipe up about their civil liberties being taken away in regards to gun laws, taxes, etc are utterly mute when it comes to civil liberties re: racial profiling in regards to determining citizenship/legal status.

I'm glad you didn't rephrase...because it was utter bullshit apples-to-oranges stuff in the first incarnation, and would have been another shade of bullshit in the rephrase.

Profiling, in some cases (like this one), WORKS. Too fucking bad if a few feelings get hurt along the way, but it allows law enforcement to maximize their odds, thus minimizing wasted time and increasing productivity with their limited resources.

Looking for illegal immigrants in a state bordering Mexico? Then you can pretty much not worry about checking blaque and white people's ID...you're going to want to concentrate on checking latino people's IDs. That's not racism, it's COMMON SENSE! How stupid would it be for them to waste time putting equal emphasis of their search for illegal immigrants on white and blaque people?!

Asking someone to produce ID doesn't seem like too big of a deal to me.

I'm a little sick of the "profiling" debate. Racism and profiling happen on a daily basis and it's normally turned around as a defense ONLY when the people are guilty of a crime. Anything wrong in the world is because "im mexican, im black, im an immigrant, im rich, im poor", hell white people are now saying REVERSE Racism because Equal Opportunity is "taking their jobs just to fill a quota". I mean come on, if you're not an Illegal then you shouldn't mind the government trying to do their job to rid the country of the Illegals. "Oh no you asked me for my ID, thats wrong"...No that's just a fact of life, you're not always going to be happy, give me a break, just show your damn ID and STFU...Just sayin...

Im going to start bringing lawsuits against bars that ID me to find out how old I am, because they should just KNOW and accept that Im of age to drink in their bar...stfu, really...

-Legacy

then what is a better alternative, i'm all ears.
amazes me that this issue is this polarizing, seems so cut and dry.
i would never even consider going out in another country without my passport, even in canada...fuct up that it is acceptable for non-citizens to break our laws and get support from citizens.
democract permananent majority is coming around the bend, honestly that keeps me up at night

I doubt it ever survives the civil rights test on the federal level

I think it could... After all, nobody thinks it's a civil rights invasion if the police demand to see your drivers license. What's the difference between the police verifying you're allowed to be sitting in the drivers seat, and verifying you're allowed to be in this country? If you go to a hotel lounge, it's not a civil rights violation to be asked for your room receipt to prove you're a welcome guest.

Charles

knowing a few illegals has softened me up on this issue.
the two that i know real well have been here there entire lives (brought over illegaly when they were like 2 or 3).
both somehow went to college and got loans (with a fake SS), both pay their loans under the fake SS, and both have legit jobs under fake SS numbers.
In all sense they pay just as much as anyone else, and are gonna get fuct on their SS deductions they'll never collect.
people like this should not be booted, allow them to stay with visas and give them a path to citizenship.

I think it could... After all, nobody thinks it's a civil rights invasion if the police demand to see your drivers license. What's the difference between the police verifying you're allowed to be sitting in the drivers seat, and verifying you're allowed to be in this country? If you go to a hotel lounge, it's not a civil rights violation to be asked for your room receipt to prove you're a welcome guest.

Charles

They'll get around your two examples by saying:

1) Driving is a privileged, not a right. By engaging in driving, you've forfeited some of your rights to privacy.

2) A hotel lounge is private property and even though it had public access, there is a reasonable expectation that you would be doing business with the hotel in order to be there.

What I can't get past is why states can't do more with illegals they capture committing other crimes (other than illegal immigration). If they are here illegally, why not just put them in a dedicated prison until the Mexican government secures their release and pays for their return to Mexico? If I snuck into North Korea tomorrow and got caught, would they just send me on my way?

Top Bottom