Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

anyone here cut their own hair?

Yes for about 22 years. I use UL detachable blades.

Figure $13 for a haircut & I cut once a week so 13*52=676*22=$14872 on a $200 investment. Not to mention I can do it in 156 minutes rather than waisting an hour to and from the barber shop.

rudeboyja said:
Yes for about 22 years. I use UL detachable blades.

Figure $13 for a haircut & I cut once a week so 13*52=676*22=$14872 on a $200 investment. Not to mention I can do it in 156 minutes rather than waisting an hour to and from the barber shop.

You have horrible time management bor.

fistfullofsteel said:
...but trying to save money by cutting my own hair is beyond cheap.

Not really.

I've been cutting my fiance's hair for 3 years. He likes to keep it trimmed perfectly, so he needs a trim every 3 weeks. Figure $15 for a cheap cut, and that's $780 over 3 years. We paid $22 for this kit, so that's over $750 we saved. We're brokeassed, so that's a nice bit of money. We could take a 3-day/2-night trip to Florida on haircut savings.

RottenWillow said:
Not really.

I've been cutting my fiance's hair for 3 years. He likes to keep it trimmed perfectly, so he needs a trim every 3 weeks. Figure $15 for a cheap cut, and that's $780 over 3 years. We paid $22 for this kit, so that's over $750 we saved. We're brokeassed, so that's a nice bit of money. We could take a 3-day/2-night trip to Florida on haircut savings.

get rid of the cell phone and cable tv, you will save more money

I cut my own and my two boys hair every two weeks. I like the Wahl clippers and the Oster brand. I used to make extra money in college by cutting hair every thurs, fri. and sat. mornings.

I have my brother cut mine, he bought a decent mid-range priced setup. Figure a decent haircut with tip runs 17 dollars, my hair grows super fast so I usually cut it every two weeks when I am home. So that's 26*17 or $442 a year in hair cuts so three or four cuts and the clippers were paid for.

Cheers,
Scotsman

I use a nice buzz trimmer from Shop-Ko or similar store. I dont' shave bald, but use a shaver to get around 1/8" hair. I don't fade or do anything wierd, so it's easier and takes very little time. Only downside is finding a quality shaver. Most crap is cheap and comes with 135 different plastic attachments that I've never used before.

I suggest calling or visiting some specialty hair places that sell this kinda stuff. Get a nice one. I'll be going this route when mine gets old.

:cow:

I use a 35 cent disposable for head and face and a wahl for the rest of the bod.
me and cromagnum man have alot in common but a wahl seems to do the trick

Top Bottom