Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Anyone else into Overhead Squats?

IronLion said:
In a full snatch you pull the bar as high as you need to drop underneath it, for me that is about mid stomach. After you pull you have to violently drop as low as possible. Try some drop squats to get used to this feeling

Thanks, I will give a another shot Friday. I am not so worried about violently droping my body low to the floor, but the bar violently hitting me in the head is a concern :).

overhead said:
I am not so worried about violently droping my body low to the floor, but the bar violently hitting me in the head is a concern :).

QUOTE OF THE DAY GOES TO OVERHEAD!!!!

X

Tried it again today and they felt much better. What I did was a snatch , locked my knees, than did a squat, then lowered the bar again. It felt pretty good and I did not hit myself in the head, which is always a plus. I am going to have to improve my snatch (geez that sounds bad) before the squat portion will work my legs enough, but I figure at the very least if will improve my shoulder and hip flexibility. Thanks for the tips IL.

well, you could set the bar up high so you wouldnt have to do a power snatch. but i like doing them. but sometimes i just do the squat.

X

I thought about that, but I also like snatching. There are just too many darn excercises I like to do and just not enough time to get them all done, so I have to combine them as much as possible.

amen to that one.

good luck to you.

X

A side note, while I was doing this today and had the bar over my head, some guy walked by and said "aren't you worried about dropping that on your head", I laughed so hard that I almost dropped the bar

CoolColJ said:
Try drop snatches - much more challenging and functional :)

ie bar on shoulders like your gonna squat, then dip down a bit, and push yourself under the the bar into the oevrehad squat bottom position, jump your feet out wider to accomplice this and then oevrhead squat the bar up. Then lower the bar back to your back, bend legs to absorb the shock, repeat.

rigt click and save
http://138.9.1.58/athleticperformance/exercise videos/Olympic Lift Videos/snatchheavebalance.MPG

the one thing that is helping my snatches greatly ATM

IronLion said:
In a full snatch you pull the bar as high as you need to drop underneath it, for me that is about mid stomach. After you pull you have to violently drop as low as possible. Try some drop squats to get used to this feeling

that means I could snatch 253lbs right now if I had the technique down!!! :)

I just tried full snatches for the first time today as part of my DE lower. Man, they are tough, but I like'em.:D

I plan to keep them as a secondary move for DE lower.

Joker

Top Bottom