Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Any ideas for bulking on a 6$ a day budget?

WalkingBeast said:

ThanX MissChris! Appreciate you taking the time to write so much.:D Those GLAD containers seem like a good idea, think Ill be picking up some. I always look for the buy one get one free deals also. Makes a big difference. Didnt know Wal-Mart sold meat. Cool.
Your right MissChris. That money can go far, and I shouldnt be waisting it on fast food. My minds been so messed up lately ,but I need to get back on track and start preparing meals and forcing them down. ThanX alot!

No prob! The Glad containers are great, and cheap enough to toss out if you ever need to. And regular WalMarts will not sell meat, it's the Super WalMarts that do...might be called a WalMart Supercenter. They have a full grocery store inside the WalMart. :)

kidvilla said:
get a 100lb bag of beans and a 100lb bag of rice at the local wholesaler in your town, i know that where i live, these two go for about 50 bucks, and if you go to a working class supermarket, you can buy 50lbs of chicken legs for 40 bucks. in all, you would have spent 90 bucks on a month's worth of food... boring as hell, but well below your limit and well exceeding your dietary requirements ........

of course, the suggestion i make may seem highly unappetizing, but if it were me, and i truly had nothing else i could sacrifice and only had 6 bucks a day to spend on food (thankfully i no longer have that problem, but i once did), i woudn't worry about how appetizing my meals are, as long as they are nourishing me .... and the above mentioned staples are both nourishing and filling even if not emotionally satisfying ....
add in a large size bottle of tabasco for sure..om another note,I have plenty of money for food,but often I'll spend a lot of cash/credit for a couple of weeks and then force myself to live lean for a week,lean as low cash,get creative with the food I already have and get by a whole week on $40..$40 for everything,its fun and reminds me of my college days and other times when money was tight..always pay my credit cards in full each month..yourtypical person wastes so much money daily(e.g. 5$ for some bullshit snacks while getting gas)

MissChris said:

No prob! The Glad containers are great, and cheap enough to toss out if you ever need to. And regular WalMarts will not sell meat, it's the Super WalMarts that do...might be called a WalMart Supercenter. They have a full grocery store inside the WalMart. :)

Cool. Wonder if I have any by me, Ill have to check. ThanX again!

4everhung said:
add in a large size bottle of tabasco for sure..om another note,I have plenty of money for food,but often I'll spend a lot of cash/credit for a couple of weeks and then force myself to live lean for a week,lean as low cash,get creative with the food I already have and get by a whole week on $40..$40 for everything,its fun and reminds me of my college days and other times when money was tight..always pay my credit cards in full each month..yourtypical person wastes so much money daily(e.g. 5$ for some bullshit snacks while getting gas)

Hey 4ever! Know what you mean about people wasting money. I dont have the option usually. haha Unless I dont want to eat. While its possible to get by on 40$ a week or everything, dont think that'd be too good for me. Id probably be down to 150 by the end of the month. haha Guess its how you spend it though. I lose weight fast if I dont eat alot, and high fat, high carb, high calories. ThanX again

4everhung said:

I guess you can go by eating snacks and hot dogs just to save $$$. Now, don't you think eating healthy means more money on food, like Organic food for instance?

This thread has got me thinking about alot of peple who I work with who spend about $160/month on Starbucks alone. SUCKERS!!! They should be following the advise on this thread. I guess thats why they are all skinny mofo's.

TheVisitor said:

I guess you can go by eating snacks and hot dogs just to save $$$. Now, don't you think eating healthy means more money on food, like Organic food for instance?
not what i meant V, I know my groceres( how the hell do you spell that?) in town and I'll go to food world and get half priced chicken,beef and what not..toss in eggs(always cheap)...don't do diary much anyhow,so no matter on that generally "pricey" item..if I got the core(i.e. chicken,beef) I can get creative with spices and other delivery methods(e.g. I'll dip rolled up turkey into mustard instead of the whole sandwich thing)..veggies is what ends up costing me

Top Bottom