Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Any advice for grip work, grip failed today during workout.

Rabid_Goose said:
How much do those run, Illuminate?

One thing I do is I use the roller method to help build up my forearms. I don't know the name but the rope or strap is attached to some weight and you have the rope hanging down and your handle. You roll the rope all the way onto the handle and then take it back down. I used it this week to help keep my forearms in shape for work and not letting them get used to doing NOTHING.

I think it's grip work, if it isn't sorry.

they are $20 just about no matter where you get them. try here

http://www.flexcart.com/members/elitefts/default.asp?m=PD&cid=223&pid=453

zgagz is correct, farms are a great grip workout. Grippers are also fun. I use the Ivanko supper gripper and recomend it.

I posted under another of your topics that I am a firm believer in very heavy shrugs for two reasons: 1) I am a believer that time under load is an important factor in building strength, and 2) Holding the bar with your deadlift grip for as long as possible will improve your deadlift grip. My program is to shrug with bar empty for 20 reps, then add a 45 to each side. As the weight goes up the reps go down. Cheat if you need to. The important part is that you are holding very heavy weight. I have held over 900 lbs for 30 seconds, more than Long enough to perfom a deadlift. I can not deadlift 900lbs but, at any thing less, I know my grip will not fail.

BBF, you might want to consider using straps once in a while just to give your hands some rest, especially if you're going to buy some grippers. You can overtrain your grip just like anything else.

#! and #2 COC work great and will be more than enough to keep you busy for awhile. I also do static barbell holds and plate pinches.

Perp

Good advice overall guys. Thanks. Going to give some of this stuff a try, but as was mentioned should be careful of overtraining my grip.

Just do it once per week and leave a decent amount of time between your grip training (2-3 days) and your deadlift session. The rest of your lifts (assuming you use straps on shrugs) shouldn't tax your grip enough to warrant concern.

Top Bottom