Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Am I being an ass w/ my wife?

lol @ the responses here.

no its not unreasonable for both you and your wife to have an equal amount of responsibilities/duties which contribute to your household together, whatever those may be. but there must also be mutual respect for one another. it's equally disrespectful for her to be a slackass lazy butt and not contribute to the chores as it is for you to order her to do it. sounds like some effective communication is in order between the two of you.

hell, i dont think my husband has ever washed a dish or cleaned a bathroom, vacuumed, dusted, anything in the two years since we've been married. i do all that shit, plus i work well over 40 hrs per week AND i make slightly more money than he does. it's all good because he does stuff like take out the garbage & recycling (of course I have to alert him when it's ready to go out), handles all the finances, and change the oil in the cars, etc. he will sometimes go to the store for me when i dont feel like it, and we share all the other responsibilities in our house.

not to mention that Im fucking awesome. I make his coffee and protein shake everymorning before I leave for work and he;s still asleep.

have a great day guys,

canadianhitman said:
Agreed. His tone was over the top, but really: if she only works 15-20 hours per week with no other responsibilities...while he's working 60+, she SHOULD be doing the majority of the housework. It's not about male/female roles, it's about sharing the workload.

If a woman was working 60+, and her man was working 15-20, and she posted up on here that she was pissed about him not doing certain household chores, everyone would be like: "You go girl, kick his lazy ass to the curb."

He's got every right to be aggravated, IMO.

yep, I agree with this 100%

Smurfy said:
lol @ the responses here.

no its not unreasonable for both you and your wife to have an equal amount of responsibilities/duties which contribute to your household together, whatever those may be. but there must also be mutual respect for one another. it's equally disrespectful for her to be a slackass lazy butt and not contribute to the chores as it is for you to order her to do it. sounds like some effective communication is in order between the two of you.

hell, i dont think my husband has ever washed a dish or cleaned a bathroom, vacuumed, dusted, anything in the two years since we've been married. i do all that shit, plus i work well over 40 hrs per week AND i make slightly more money than he does. it's all good because he does stuff like take out the garbage & recycling (of course I have to alert him when it's ready to go out), handles all the finances, and change the oil in the cars, etc. he will sometimes go to the store for me when i dont feel like it, and we share all the other responsibilities in our house.

he sounds dreamy.....:p can i have his number

heatherrae said:
You guys are ridiculous. It isn't an issue of division of labor. It is the feeling that some men have that you are their SERVANT. He comes across in his post as thinking that because she is a woman it is her duty to be his ass wiper.

A good example is my father. He used to work full time and my stepmom did for a while but she retired much before he did. When he was single, he cleaned his house, did his dishes, etc. Now, both of them are retired, he leaves shit EVERYWHERE and expects her to follow behind him and pick up. He never throws a coke can in the garbage, never puts a dish in the washer, never does a load of laundry, etc. He will get out crackers and cheese, eat a few and then just walk off and leave them on the table. He can't even make a cup of coffee for himself. Seriously, if she doesn't cook for him, he doesn't eat until she does.

It is just a weird, old fashioned notion that some men have that we are their servants.

hey girl.... I don't think he sees her as a servant, but as an equal partner. She does not work as much as him, therefore she should be adding to her work hours by making sure the house is clean.
When I worked long hrs, my ex was only working maybe 10 hrs a week. I would come home and NOTHING was done. it pissed me off.
The tricky part is to just respect one another and not even keep score.

blueta2 said:
hey girl.... I don't think he sees her as a servant, but as an equal partner. She does not work as much as him, therefore she should be adding to her work hours by making sure the house is clean.
When I worked long hrs, my ex was only working maybe 10 hrs a week. I would come home and NOTHING was done. it pissed me off.
The tricky part is to just respect one another and not even keep score.

thats pretty much what she was saying. she didnt like the demanding part he did to her. very disrespectful.

It's hard to judge without us knowing what other responsibilities you two have.

For all we know she could be pulling her weight in other areas. Just because you work at a career more doesn't mean she isn't working hard in other areas too. Like I said, without knowing your relationship we cannot give accurate advice.

By just going with your story, then it sounds like she's the lazy princess looking for the easy life supported by you. Some women don't know how well they have it.

heatherrae said:
Damn, I am glad I dont have a man right now. It is like having another child. They want you to pick up their dirty socks and clean their nasty underwear.

bleh.

Amen

bigmann245 said:
thats pretty much what she was saying. she didnt like the demanding part he did to her. very disrespectful.

His demanding of her to wash the dishes sounded more like frustration.
But yeah, if he tells her "hey bitch, wash the dishes" then yeah, he's a turd!

heatherrae said:
Damn, I am glad I dont have a man right now. It is like having another child. They want you to pick up their dirty socks and clean their nasty underwear.

bleh.

i second that

Top Bottom