Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Adding more muscle...

adrenalinegrl

Hi all. Newbie here. I am in the process of trying to add more muscle to my upper body. I have lowered my reps and really increased my lifts and have seen great progress so far. I am working with a nutritionalist and he has my diet targeting this goal. I am posting a pix, and would appreciate any advice/critiques you can give me.

Welcome....I am new too and also have changed from high reps to heavy weight. I am having the best results ever! The only difference with me and most of the post I see in here is I eat 2500 cal on a low day and over 3000 on a high day. I am finally starting to see my ads and my bf is disappearing. It is amazing how much I eat and just yesterday got into a size 3 shorts, I have not lost 1 lb! I am currently 5'3 135 and would like to be in the 120's. I am just determined not to loose this muscle I am trying so hard to build!

Anyways your pic looks great, sounds like you are on the right track.....

Lil N

"Everyone wants to be a bodybuilder but ain't nobody wants to push no damn heavy weight" The "Big Nasty".....Ronnie Coleman

Welcome aboard!

If it isn't just the angle or lighting in your pic, it looks like you have an amazing "V" going all ready! What are your current stats? What is your training routine & what is your diet? (Lots of questions is one way to get your post count up fast!)

Sassy69 said:
Welcome aboard!

If it isn't just the angle or lighting in your pic, it looks like you have an amazing "V" going all ready! What are your current stats? What is your training routine & what is your diet? (Lots of questions is one way to get your post count up fast!)

Thanks Sassy! I have been working pretty hard and my V is coming along quite nicely! :) I was in a cutting phase to cut my BF down and have now decided to try to add even more muscle to my upper body, to try and even out with my muscular and curvy lower body. Right now I am pretty lean and vascular, since I have been cutting.

Just changed my training mode to lower my cardio to 25 mins 2x per day (4 days a week) and I do one day of sprints. Lifting - I have lowered my reps and increased my weights (can you say sore!?). I do a five day split. However, my leg days are still done with low weight and very high reps (25-30 per set!), in order to keep them toned and lean.

My current stats are:
5ft8
143 pounds
about 18%BF

Diet:
Meal 1
1 whole egg
5 egg whites
1/4 cup of raw oats or cream of rice

Meal 2
1 banana
4 oz tuna, turkey or chicken

Meal 3
6 oz tuna, turkey or chicken
1 cup broccolli
1 sweet potato

Meal 4
2 plain Rice cakes
2 tsp peanut butter
(if still hungry after training, I have 4 oz of tuna, turkey or chicken)

Meal 5
6 oz tuna, turkey or chicken (sometimes top sirloin)
1 cup broccolli or spinach salad with FF dressing

Meal 6
6-8 egg whites

Top Bottom