Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

8 Day "Mini Cycle"

super_rice

After a month of not having access to any facilities, I have finally gotten a trial membership to a local gym. I'm going to run this:

training.gif

Let me know whaty ou guys think - I normally don't make routines out on paper but this one I like. Thanks a lot.

edit: day 1 workout i ran through today, ended up doing about 10 sets oly back squat, 3 sets chins, 4 sets split squats. all and all, a lot more volume

Last edited:
why dont you write your routine's on paper? i have a journal and right down every set with reps and weigt as well as everything i eat cheating or not!!.I think its a great tool i can look back and see my progress or lack thereof!! start one.. the routine loks good but a lot of volume..so you havent lifted in a month? in all honesty, assuming you have 8 day membership, i would work the whole body with 1 working set over 2 days..rest a day then try your old workouts and see where you are at strength wise..you may find you didnt lose much!

i don't write my routines on paper, i don't really even have a routine, i just work everything by "feel" - ie: i want to squat three times a week, two light and one heavy, so i just do it whenever it feels right, or not do one light workout and substitute for a deadlift day. vice versa if i was concentrating on bench or deads. then after that, just stick in all the other extra lifts (chins almost everyworkout, rows, dips, etc). plus, i'm very lazy.

btw, how do you remember all of what you've done? the time from when i walk into the gym and till i walk out of the gym is a missing scene (a la the simpsons). i only remember if i hit a PR, whatever significant weight i did on the last compound lift, or if someone was doing something stupid.

the break though has been good for me so far, i have lost 5 pounds (165, now down to 160), but have got a lot more definition. somehow i dropped bodyfat.

i don't really want to see where i am though, my vball season is coming up in a month, i have two trial memberships to use this month, and am looking to get the most out of it, so probably not going to do any testing type stuff. thanks for the advice :)

nice..

i just got finished with my workout... it's been about 2 hours now and it was great

i did the day 1 workout, and there wasn't at all enough volume. i ended doing around 10 sets backsquat (something like 5x5, 3x5, 2x1)

also hit a clean PR! 150lbs and it came up very, very easily i could have gotten 160 something i bet, btu didn't try it (kinda scary :p).

the one month off helped a whole bunch.

super_rice said:
i don't write my routines on paper, i don't really even have a routine, i just work everything by "feel" - ie: i want to squat three times a week, two light and one heavy, so i just do it whenever it feels right, or not do one light workout and substitute for a deadlift day. vice versa if i was concentrating on bench or deads. then after that, just stick in all the other extra lifts (chins almost everyworkout, rows, dips, etc). plus, i'm very lazy.

btw, how do you remember all of what you've done? the time from when i walk into the gym and till i walk out of the gym is a missing scene (a la the simpsons). i only remember if i hit a PR, whatever significant weight i did on the last compound lift, or if someone was doing something stupid.

the break though has been good for me so far, i have lost 5 pounds (165, now down to 160), but have got a lot more definition. somehow i dropped bodyfat.

i don't really want to see where i am though, my vball season is coming up in a month, i have two trial memberships to use this month, and am looking to get the most out of it, so probably not going to do any testing type stuff. thanks for the advice :)
i memorize every single exersise i do, every single day, and exactly how much weight was on it so i can increase the next time...i have a workout paper but i just dont even bother with it anymore because lifting is on my mind 24/7 so its not like im gunna lose my info

I think your routine was way too much volume

The rest allowed your CNS to recharge up. Which is important with explosive stuff like olys and jumps/srpints. If your not careful you'll drain your CNS again with this routine :)

Anyway I write everything down I do as I do it in the gym. I actually have it all planned out anyway, except how many total sets I do, which is autoregulated during the workout

well you don't exactly burn out your CNS doing 20lbs bicep cheat curls eh sublime.

thanks for the input CCJ... i do feel the drain on my body, especially after today's workout (read: http://www.elitefitness.com/forum/showthread.php?t=334071). i am so goddamn sleepy. last night i slept like a baby.

however when i try lower volume, it's like i just don't get enough work in. i mean i still have A LOT in the tank and don't feel like i've made any significant gains. should i just ignore this? (haven't had much success doing very low volume... a nice medium has worked thus far)

Top Bottom