Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

49, prediabetic and want to lose stomach fat and bulk up arms

d522

Hi, I'm new here. I was lead here with a question regarding feeling nauseous with lower stomach exercises and ran across a thread about it. Someone commented on someone's daily cardio as being too much to gain muscle.

I'm 49years old and a "pear shaped" woman. Who has slowly worked up to 100 20lb kettle bell swings (50 no rest, then 20, and 30 with 2 minutes in between.) And 2 sets of 20, leg raises for my lower belly fat. I shoot for 320 calories on my Nauttilus bike on a pyramids program, which puts me at about an hour a day. I also use 10lb to work on biceps and triceps.

I'm a low carb eater in general because they tend put weight on my belly and my family history on both sides includes insulin use diabetes and include big issues with weight. My last blood test 6 months ago said I was prediabetic. I already watch my sweet intake, and now I have to cut them out completely. I already worked out 3 days/1 hour. the doctor suggested more. hence, my increase to daily cardio biking.

i don't use the scale anymore (depressing.) I've thinned out in the waist; just fighting the. icky "m shaped" bulge under my belly button. Cellulite on my legs have gone down, but still have small saddleback dimples on the side of my thighs. My arms have become very thin with a little definition. I've always had weak arms. push-ups are extremely difficult (make me nauseous) and pull ups are near impossible. I want some definition in my arms.

i have problems keeping a regular diet, cooking for everyone else, while trying to pick and choose for myself.

Sorry for this book. However, I've never been on a real work out regiment to build muscle. Mostly I've been trying to get rid of my belly and being premenopausal as well as prediabetic has left me at a loss as to what to try to add next.

Thanks in advance for any advice.
Dee

feeling sick during your workouts can be caused by simple dehydration.. are you drinking enough water?

in your case though i am 99% confident you are experiencing hypo from your carb free diet. when you workout your blood sugar levels start to drop as your body burns through glycogen. my X was the same way, she would always feel sick during leg day after 15 minutes cause she wasn't eating a proper pre workout meal. i had her eat a sweet potato before the workout with some brown rice (or raw oatmeal) and her problem was solved. this is what you need to do. i promise you won't get fat off sweet potato... your body needs food for fuel, you are essentially working out on fumes when you don't feed it.. you will burn through those carbs during your workout anyway

feeling sick during your workouts can be caused by simple dehydration.. are you drinking enough water?

in your case though i am 99% confident you are experiencing hypo from your carb free diet. when you workout your blood sugar levels start to drop as your body burns through glycogen. my X was the same way, she would always feel sick during leg day after 15 minutes cause she wasn't eating a proper pre workout meal. i had her eat a sweet potato before the workout with some brown rice (or raw oatmeal) and her problem was solved. this is what you need to do. i promise you won't get fat off sweet potato... your body needs food for fuel, you are essentially working out on fumes when you don't feed it.. you will burn through those carbs during your workout anyway

Thank you for your response. I love sweet potatoes. I'll do that. I'll have that pre workout. I do try to work out on an empty stomach because I thought that eating was causing the nausea. Thanks again.

D

Thank you for your response. I love sweet potatoes. I'll do that. I'll have that pre workout. I do try to work out on an empty stomach because I thought that eating was causing the nausea. Thanks again.

D

I actually don't recommend working out on an empty stomach.

Remember that food is fuel. It makes sense to fuel your body before your workout.

Just make sure to allow enough time for your body to digest the food before your workout and eat easily digesting foods before your workout.

About 90 minutes before my workout I like to eat a bowl of oatmeal with whey isolate (I use wheytobuildmuscle from n2bm.com) and a little almond butter mixed it.

A good pre workout meal will give you sustained energy throughout your workout and lead to a more productive workout.

I think a great idea would be to do a weekly meal prep. I will typically do this on Saturday or Sunday night when the kids are in bed. In 1-2 hours I can make more than enough meals for an entire week. I put some in the fridge and some in the freezer. That way you don't have to think or worry about how much time you have. You just grab a meal, heat it up, and you are good to go.

As for a training routine, I would suggest adding in more weight training. You will really get a nice metabolism boost for up to 24 hours when you are lifting weights.

Top Bottom