Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

2008 Competition Prep and Training

Re: 2008 Competition Preparation

Hi. Have you thought about doing the EPF show on 2nd November as well as the NAC?
EPF English Physique Federation.

It looks like a similar setup to the NAC, except it's international show is in the South of France this year. World Physique Federation You can see what some of the female physique competitors look like on the results pages. Apart from the super-big geared girls like Karen Felix and Brigitta Brezova, a natural with good genetics would be easily able to compete there.

I don't know how the shows are run in UK so I've no advice for you there. I also know how crushing it is to not get where you want to be after you've worked so hard. You are very smart to not make any decisions, just do what you want and enjoy your hard-earned physique! Life s a series of happenstances, some are the places you need to be even though you thought you wanted to be someplace else at the time, that road will lead to another place and then yet another.... And before you know it, you've arrived!!!

(Did that make sense?)

Sorry about the qualifier, Tatyana!
In this sport we're always learning. There are no set rules. You'll figure out how to get where you want to be.

Sorry about the qualifier, Tatyana!
In this sport we're always learning. There are no set rules. You'll figure out how to get where you want to be.

So very true, and whereever there is a breakdown, there is a breakthrough.

I did have a moment of thinking I would take up powerlifting/strongwoman, as it is really clear when you win, you lift the most weight, nothing subjective about it at all. :)

The great thing about NOT qualify is that I was a bit fed up with training, so this week I haven't.

I have kept up with cardio, and I started to do a bit of Indonesian yoga, penjak silat and boxing training.

Indonesian yoga

Ok, so I have been looking at comps, these are the possibilities that I like:

October 26th - Hercules (Scott Horton always has great shows and if fantastic with the competitors, plus, it is close)

November 2nd - EPF - new federation for English bodybuilders

November 9th - Stars of Tomorrow - UKBFF (this would be the first time I would be competing in the UKBFF/IFBB)

November 16th - NAC qualifier for the Universe in Hamburg

Nov 28-30th - Universe in Hamburg

There is also a NABBA open comp, I think it is also on the 26th, but if I ever do compete in NABBA, I would rather do it with the usual qualification routine for your area.

Really, I haven't really settled with any one federation, I have been quite focused on the natties, but I look like a mass monster next to a lot of the nattie girls.

This federation also showed up today

* * * BATTLE OF GIANTS * * *

If you would like to become a pro with the Norwegian based pro federation UPBF then email Roar to apply for pro status on [email protected] or me on - [email protected] to compete in the Battle of Giants on - Saturday, 8th of November 2008...

PRIZE MONEY
Pro Competition -
1. 8000$
2. 4000$
3. 2000$
4. 1000$
5. 1000$
6. 1000$
7. 500$
8. 500$
9. 500$
10. 500$
Womens Pro Competition
1. 3000$
2. 2000$
3. 1000$

- Also, the UPBF is looking for competitors for the Battle of Beauty's and also the Strongman competition, I'll post more details and they transpire...

The figure for this comp just outside of Oslo is really old school figure, sort of a mixture of the fitness/physique side of it and a beauty contest. There is an evening gown section :)

i havent been keeping up with your thread sorry tat but i have to say that prize money is a joke, is that the norm prize money in body building?

Tat is one of the most inspirational and dedicated people I've e-met in my life. Did I mention hawt?

i havent been keeping up with your thread sorry tat but i have to say that prize money is a joke, is that the norm prize money in body building?

I don't know hun, on the site this appeared on some people were saying that it was better than the IFBB prize money.

Hey Tat, sorry that you didn't qualify, but you know what you need to do.

You did bring up my one big problem with bodybuilding. The total subjective nature of the contests. This is part of the reason I really like powerlifting and strongman competitions. There are set defined rules for judging and very little room for personal difference in applying these rules. And as you said you either lifted more than the other people or you didn't.

Anyways best of wishes for you continued training. Keep you chin up and kick some ass.

Cheers,
Scotsman

I haven't posted in awhile as I took last week entirely off.

No cardio, no weights, mostly because I had a cold, but I think it did my body good.

SOOOOOOOOOOO, I also haven't really been dieting for two weeks, and I am going to have to seriously consider if I really want to put in the massive effort it will take me to get ripped, or just move into a nice, lean mass building phase.

Considering the dieting thing hasn't worked out so far this year, I am leaning towards starting my offseason, experimenting with my diet (I am leaning towards something like the anabolic diet), and switching up my training for two or three months, either DoggCrapp or Westside Barbell.

My little victory, today I got my uni transcripts back and I have my master's in clinical biochem.

:)

I haven't posted in awhile as I took last week entirely off.

No cardio, no weights, mostly because I had a cold, but I think it did my body good.

SOOOOOOOOOOO, I also haven't really been dieting for two weeks, and I am going to have to seriously consider if I really want to put in the massive effort it will take me to get ripped, or just move into a nice, lean mass building phase.

Considering the dieting thing hasn't worked out so far this year, I am leaning towards starting my offseason, experimenting with my diet (I am leaning towards something like the anabolic diet), and switching up my training for two or three months, either DoggCrapp or Westside Barbell.

My little victory, today I got my uni transcripts back and I have my master's in clinical biochem.

:)

You got your Master's in Clinical Biochem today? CONGRATS! awesome accomplishment!!

Top Bottom