Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

2008 Competition Prep and Training

I haven't posted in awhile, I had a pretty good week of training last week, this week is cruising.

I have been feeling tired and unmotivated, so I am not going anywhere near the weights.

I am still doing Silat, boxing and two mornings of cardio this week.

I have to start sorting out my diet properly, so I am back on weighing things out.

I am doing the anabolic diet, weekdays are cool, very low carbs (well I have been eating too much natural PB which is just too high in carbs), carb up on the weekend.

This morning I have had three quorn sausages (yes veggie, I just fancied them 180 kcals and 13.5 g carbs) and 60 g of cheese.

Total calories around 420.

I am going to see what I am basically eating as I have fallen into a bit of a pattern, which I think is working, it is just weekends where it has been going a bit pear-shaped.

:)

After 10 days off training except for Silat and boxing yesterday, I am SO ready to go again.

I can't believe the difference.

Last Sunday I had to force myself to get my butt to boxing, I was an hour late, and even just the last little bit of training nearly killed me.

This week I couldn't wait to go, and while tough, it wasn't devastating.

Back to training tonight, my training buddy has been on hols, he may not be up for it tonight, but I am training with a girl from work as she wants to get into lifting.

Two little steak medallions for breakfast this morning.

It will be around 360 kcals.

Here goes today:

7:30 am - 200 g steak medallions (2) PS what cut is a medallion? They looked yummy so I got them

344 kcals 59.2 g protein - 0 g carbs - 10.2 g fat

10:30/11:00 - 100 g lean steak mince

190 kcals - 20.7 g protein - 0 g carbs - 12 g fat

30 g cheddar cheese

123 kcal - 7.5 g protein - 0.3 g carbs - 10.2 g fat

total: 313 kcals - 28.2 g protein - 0.3 g carbs - 22.2 g fat

15:00/15:30 - same as above

Post workout

100 g fat free yogurt

55 kcals - 5.4 g protein - 7.6 g carbs - 0.1 g fat

100 ml skimmed milk

35 kcals - 3.6 g protein - 4.9 g carbs- 0.3 g fat

40 g whey

148 kcals - 29.2 g protein - 2 g carbs - 2.8 g fat

Total: 238 kcals - 38.2 g protein - 14.5 g carbs - 3.2 g fat

post workout meal

160 g mange tout steamed

52 kcals - 5.8 g protein - 6.8 g carbs - 0.4 g fat

160 g baby corn steamed

46 kcals - 4.6 g protein - 3.2 g carbs - 1.6 g fat

10 g toasted sesame seed oil

90 kcals - 0 g protein - 0 g carbs - 10 g fat

135 g turkey breast

153 kcals - 33.7 g protein - 0 g carbs - 2 g fat

total: 341 kcals - 44.1 g protein - 10 g carbs - 14 g fat

Green and Black's cocoa 30 g in total today

104 kcals - 7.2 g protein - 12.6 g carbs - 8.8 g fat

250 ml soya milk

52 kcals - 5 g protein - 0.5 g carbs - 3 g fat

Total calories : 1705 kcals

Total carbs: 38 g a wee bit high.......................

One more meal tonight, doodles, it will only be around 2000 kcals.

I think being a piggy has settled down.

:)

I have really settled into this low carb routine, now just to count my calories on the weekend and work out some meals.

I did legs on Monday with one of the women I work with, she is cursing me today as she can barely walk.

My legs are a bit sore as well, I increased my squat weight by 5 kg (95 kg) and the widow maker on the hack squat was 10 kg (180 kg).

All my lifts increased, I just thought I would focus a bit more on how I am dieting to keep me in line.

Breakie - 30 g peanut butter
100 g tofu yogurt
40 g whey protein

440 kcals

Mid-morning - 100 g lean steak mince
20 g cheddar cheese
100 g celery

265 kcals

Mid afternoon - same as above

After work

300 g brussel sprouts
150 g turkey breast grilled
20 g organic butter

375 kcals

Snacks (so far)

10 g brazil nuts

66 kcals

Totals so far:

1438.4 kcals
136.9 g protein
23.14 g carbs
89.94 g fat

I am going to have at least two more small meals before bed, I am keeping my calories at at least 2000 kcals/day.

I think on the weekend I am going to aim for 2500-3000 kcals.

Good stuff on the diet Tat - I assume you are trying to lower your macro nutrients a bit (I hear you on carbs!). It will be interesting to see how you do with your lifts. I'm glad your back in the weight room - doesn't that soreness feel good?

Does it ever.

Last week I was moaning that I was being really slack as I missed one weights session, so I trained twice (split upper and lower body), plus two morning cardio sessions and two boxing/martial arts sessions.

Yes, what a slacker. :)

This doggcrapp routine is quite amazing.

I am filling out nicely and looking freaking massive, people are starting to notice, and I am in a bit of shock that I weigh so much, my bodyfat is so high, and I still have a BBing shape.

I had an awesome training session tonight. I was training with a friend from work (I think she may be starting a journal here soon), so I did have to mix things up and not do free weights, she still isn't confident enough to be able to spot me yet.

This was the BIG lift and the awesome new PR - rack dead lifts

Last time I was impressed with my 120 kg x 6/6

This time I was feeling a bit lazy and not particularly strong

20 kg/45 lb x 10

60 kg/132 lb x 2

100 kg/220 lb x 10

(that was so easy I thought, hmmmmmmmmmmm, more weight)

120 kg/264 lb x 10

(this really shocked me)

130 kg/286 lb x 6 JOY

For the last three weeks I have only hit the weights twice per week, and I have had a new training buddy, a woman I work with who is also a friend.

She may start a journal as well.

My long term training buddy finally got back into communication yesterday and we did legs today.

Although I am all carbed up, most of my lifts didn't increase, I just did a few more reps, with the exception of leg press.

Today I did 280 kg/616 lbs for 8 reps, then a 20 rep widow maker on 180 kg/396 lbs.

It is the whole psychological side of things, knowing that it is going to hurt that has me be a bit squeamish about really going for it with legs, I did do quite a few warm up sets, the first one on 120 kg/264 lb for 15 reps, 200 kg/440 lb for two, 240 kg/528 lb for two, then the working set.

It is almost like my brain has to adapt to the weight, rather than my legs.

My other little victory this week was front squats.

I had a bit of a brain fart when loading the bar for my working set, and I put on 85 kg/187 lb (instead of 75 kg), and I was just gutted having to take off 5 kg, thinking I hadn't progressed at all.

So I did my working set with 80 kg/176 lbs, and my 20 rep widow maker on the same weight (I think I would have to dig out my journal).

It was only when I was unloading the bar I noticed my error.

My weight is stable at 71 kg/156 lbs with a normal female bodyfat somewhere between 20-25%, but I still have a muscular shape, which is also surprising to me.

A few of the lads in the gym have also commented on how much I have slimmed down in the last three weeks, I have only lost about 1-4 kg, and I do get quite a bit of water/glycogen fluctuation.

I had another shocker session today with doggcrapp.

I did 140 kg/308 lbs for 8 reps on rack dead lifts.

I really couldn't believe it.

I am finding it really difficult to increase the weight on some exercises, especially for shoulders and lats, and I am just squeezing out one more rep on each exercise, but for rack deads, just bonkers.

I may switch up to full deads next rotation after Christmas, I just had a concern that it would not be enough rest for my legs.

Top Bottom