Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

2000 calories too low for 205 w/14% bodyfat?

Vageta

Let me first start by giving you the details. I'm currently 205 lbs with about 14% bodyfat. I workout 4 times a week (MWTF) and up till this point I hadn't been doing much if any cardio. This is my 7th week of dieting, and I had great results during the first 4-5 weeks. I didn't take a bodyfat % before I started but I did take an abdominal skinfold measurement (vertical 1 inch to the right of belly button). In those 4-5 weeks I've went from 24mm to 18mm so I think that's pretty good progress. I was eating 2000 calories per day with a 40/30/30 split(pro/carb/fat).

So on to the problem. The last couple weeks I've noticed little or no progress. Not wanting to drop calories further I decided to actually do some cardio which I stared yesterday. I do 30 mins upon waking and another 30 mins after my workouts. On days off I will probably just do one 30 min session but perhaps I'll do a full hour.

So my question is, is this the right move? I plan on following my current plan at least a full 2 weeks before I make changes. However I think I might possibly have went too low in the calorie department. If I don't notice improvement in 2 weeks I will take action on upping calories as going lower can't be the right move.

If I decide to up my calories should I just do it instantly or should I take a week off the diet at maintenance calories to let my metabolism shift back up? If I do make a change I'll probably switch to about 2400 calories, I just want to make sure that I don't waste time by adding them without giving my metabolism some time to recover.

Also I had been taking a free day once a week during this time. It couldn't have hurt me in the beginning as I definately made some great progress. Could is possibly be that the free day is now hurting me as I've gotten lower bodyfat?

Any suggestions would be appreciated as would some opinions on optimal caloric intake for my bodyweight and LBM.

Thanks

Change a few variables (one at a time) then monitor your progress.

Variables you can change include: caloric intake, caloric expenditure, water intake, intensity levels, rest periods, and macronutrient ratios (carbs, protein, fat) for example.

The 3 variables that get the most manipulation during my diet phase are caloric intake, caloric expenditure, and macronutrient ratios. Caloric intake and calorie expenditure go hand-in-hand. i.e., if I up the duration or intensity of my workouts, then I up my calories accordingly.

You might want to replace a portion of your complex carbs with fiberous carbs, but whatever you do, don't drop your calories too low.

at 205 lb 14% bf, you should try the following: since your BMR is 205 x 12 = 2460 cal, you can fluctuate your calories> what I mean by this is as follows ..EXAMPLE:
MON:2200 cal ...30 min or cardio in AM empty stomach/ or right after workout
TUES:2400 cal (add extra calories w/ Flaxseed oil and/or protein drinks or lean protein)
30min cardio am/ + 20 min after workout
WED:2100cal (to drop calories I usually cut back my carbs)
30 min cardio am/or after workout
THUR: 2300 cal
30 min cardio am/ + 25 min after workout
FRI: 2800 cal (add some extra LOW GLYCEMIC carbs + some more protein)
1 hour of cardio in am
SAT: 3100 cal (add some more carbs + protein)
1 hour cardio in am
SUN: 2400 cal
no cardio
MON: ^ START OVER
-- it seems like you're doing something 6 days a week, but that's the best program...I've seen it give people amazing results, including me :eek:)
My 2cents
Mr.X
[email protected]

:cool:

Top Bottom