Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Late night Protein shake

wildonsquats

I've read alot of articles about how you should take a protein shake before you sleep. However alot of the times are based on people who have 9 to 5 work week. How long before i sleep should i take my shake, based on 8 hours of sleep per day?

I would take it right before you hop into bed. The idea is that your body will then have protein to digest while you sleep and will cut down on catabolism. Whey protein is digested fast though...if you can afford it, a peice of chicken or some egg whites right before bed would be your best bet.

doffmaster said:
I would take it right before you hop into bed. The idea is that your body will then have protein to digest while you sleep and will cut down on catabolism. Whey protein is digested fast though...if you can afford it, a peice of chicken or some egg whites right before bed would be your best bet.

i ussually have 6egg whites with zuccini/mushrooms/red or green pepers all made into an omlet before bed, i like to throw that in especially when dieting so i dont get so hungry over night

any other sources of protein for late night consumption?

are there any other shakes with different sources of protein that dont get absorbed as quickly as whey?

im too lazy to cook late at night when all the dishes are done....

if i eat a late night snack, it's usually cottage cheese. it breaks down slower. excellent protein source while sleeping.

Caseinate Protein is supposed to last longer. I don't think you can use to much but if you get it added to your whey shake it is supposed to last longer.

Top Bottom