Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How many calories should I be consuming per day to not get into a catabolic state?

8-]

I am starting on a healthy diet and exercise program to reduce weight and regain my fitness.

Due to injuries I was not able to exercise for a few years and my weight has ballooned to about 300 pounds. I am 6' and want to reach around 210 or so. I no longer have any injury problems and hence have no problems working out now.

I do not want to risk consuming too few calories and ending up in a catabolic state.

My question is how many calories should I be consuming per day to avoid the catabolic state?

Thanks in advance

8-]

I would reccomend,
multiplying your LEAN BODY mass by 11-13
so if your 300lb and let's say for example 220lb lean mass...you need 220 x 13 = 2860 or about 2900 cal
seems like a low amount but it works great for me
My 2cents
Mr.X:cool:

Thanks for the advice N-V-R-2BIG

I will be eating lean meat, fresh fruit and veg, a little carbs, and taking Flax Oil every day.

Does that sound like an ok diet plan?

(Combined with cardio every day and weights every other day).

I'll tell you what if you're 300lb at 6', it's not all lean mass, right off hand I would guess that you are around 28% bf, correct me if I'm wrong> now at 28% you have 84lb of fat...so it would make you > 300-84=216 which is roughly what I based my last post on...Now I'm a firm believer in muliplying your LEAN mass by 11-13 but since you haven't hit the weights in a while you can multiply your lean body mass by 15...for example
lean 220lb x 15 = 3300 roughly little less little more
now, how quick do you want to loose weight?

8-I

If I were you, I wouldn't worry about losing muscles at this point ... I would just worry about losing bodyweight ...

Try eating 10 x bodyweight, then subtract 500 cal.

so, if you are 300 lbs. that's 3000 cal. (less 500) or 2500 calories ...

this formula made me lose 30 lbs. in 2 months ... and kept the weight off until now ... already six months...

You can have 1 cheat meal (stuff yourself) in 1 week so that your metabolism will not go down ...

just my 2 cents

Top Bottom