Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Almonds as late night snack, or snack in general? FOODS!

tempest2003

hey guys, im really trying to be as clean as possible with my diet, eating lots of lean elk and deer steaks, as well as oats and fruits. I was just kinda wondering, how good are almonds to sleep on? i usually have the munchies before i go to bed and i really like almonds so i munch on a handfull or 2 of them before i go to be with around 2-3 16oz glasses of water, sometimes i try and reduce the water to a glass or so before i go to bed because of frequent wetting problems......................... lol okay not really but anyways im reading the back of the bag and it says theres a lot of fat, like 22g's of fat and 6gs of protein per oz of almonds, its got me wondering, could they be adding more fat than helping? i thought it would be a good protein/fiber snack before bed and throughout the day but its got me wondering now. btw these are plain raw almonds from costco, not baked, not salted nothing added to them. oh and one more questions, are quaker oats fine? i tried to get the healthiest oats i could find, i got a big box of them from costco with 2 bags in one box, says they are wholegrain oats, im not sure if they are "whole" or not its so hard to tell these days with companies just marketting things how people like them and so they call it healthy. i usually eat a bowl of raw oats in the morning with 2% milk and half an apple chopped up and mixed in. does this sound alright? thanks guys really appreciate the help! trying to stay clean to get lean!

I usually eat almonds as snack(during day) or mix them with some nuts or peanut.Drink 0.7l of water after that.

eating almonds before bed would make me thirsty as I can get ,so id avoid them as snack before bed. eat them during day

but thats not answering my question, how are they if you consider the ammount of fat your getting to protein? thanks again!

I think a handful will be fine at this time buddy. Just don't over do it.
Be even better if you had a source of protein with it...ie: cottage cheese or sliced turkey.

remember, it's not the greatest idea to cut out ALL kinds of fat from your diet, esp, when it's good fat. Fat from Nuts, etc, aren't that bad anyhow, just don't over eat..

Almonds are great!! What the label might NOT show is that the fats almonds have is mainly mono unsaturated fats, which you need. Almonds are a great snack before bed. My favorite pre-bead meal is some 1% fat Cottage cheese with sliced almonds on top..... YUM!! Just don't overdo the almonds during the day....try to vary the almonds with other healthy snacks.....

Some snack ideas:
Raw veggies dipped in a small amount of low-fat, homemade hummus
Celery with ANPB on top
Turkey dipped in mustard
Turkey with mustard & pickle rolled up inside
Lettuce wraps -- use a whole lettuce leaf to wrap up meat & veggies inside
Nuts
Cott. cheese with chopped tomatoes on top or sliced almonds
Cucumbers soaked in vinegar

MM107 said:
Nice so Sliced Turkey is also good source of protein, on whole wheat bread. Any other bed time snacks with alot of protein in them that are ok to eat?

Pre bed:
Protein shake with Flax oil in water
Cottage cheese with almonds
Handful of peanuts or almonds
Turkey with mustard
Leafy greens with chicken/shrimp (like a salad topped with chix, etc)

Top Bottom