Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Do not ever ever ever ever

ea, when I was in my early 20s. I was in MAJOR denial bc I loved my Chewy (my cat). My doc kept saying I was allergic to him. I kept trying to blame it on trees or grass and running outside.
My chest started getting tight (WAY BAD) when I was home.
My doc did an allergy test. Tested me for 60something things.
0-3 scale. I was a 0 for all alergies ..... except cats. I scored a 3+ for both cat dander and saliva. Had to give chewy away so I wouldn't die. It sucked.
To be allergic to something, you need to be exposed to it.
Have they told you the stuff about milk and peanut butter for the trimesters of pregnancy? That's why.

No...:worried:

I don't remember which trimesters for which. 3rd trimester for both if I remember right. No biggie. They are thinking 3rd trimester exposure makes it more likely for the baby to have problems with lactose and allergic to peanuts..... but just more likely. Not a sure thing. Plus, its a new thing and my mom was a big milk drinker. I turned out just fine.
..... BUT IF YOU WANT, go slap the OB docs at Centerpoint and tell them I sent you:supercool

Is it true that you aren't supposed to change Cat litter when you are pregnant? I heard it can cause problems with the developpment of the baby.

Sorry, but de-clawing a cat is cruel. It's the anatomical equivalent of cutting off your fingertips down to the first joint. Outside the USA, vets in most civilized countries will refuse to do it.

As for your neurotic cat, he'd probably be neurotic even if he wasn't an amputee.

For every cat you don't de-claw, I'm going to de-claw 3.

Hate to say I told you so ... :( If you recall, we had a harsh discussion about this when you first joined.

Ah well, done bun can't be undone ... take him to the vet and get the poor beast on an anti-anxiolytic or antidepressant. He's never going to get over it, not at this age, but you might be able to temper his nervousness and some of the compulsiveness.

I would equate the behavior you're describing to feather tearing in exotic birds. What I suspect is going on (just a shot in the dark here) is that since he is without defenses the world is one giant threat to him, and he's, well, like shell shocked. He's developed OCD type behaviors because you can't spend 24/7 being terrified and not start to get more than a little twitchy.

Hate to say I told you so ... :( If you recall, we had a harsh discussion about this when you first joined.

Ah well, done bun can't be undone ... take him to the vet and get the poor beast on an anti-anxiolytic or antidepressant. He's never going to get over it, not at this age, but you might be able to temper his nervousness and some of the compulsiveness.

I would equate the behavior you're describing to feather tearing in exotic birds. What I suspect is going on (just a shot in the dark here) is that since he is without defenses the world is one giant threat to him, and he's, well, like shell shocked. He's developed OCD type behaviors because you can't spend 24/7 being terrified and not start to get more than a little twitchy.

its okay you can say it - I was wrong. I didnt know any better at all. My whole life I had cats but I'd never had a declawed one, I dont know why I thought it would be no big deal - the vet acted like it was no big deal and to just do it when I was neutering him - so I did, and he seemed fine while he was still a kitten. As an adult - he almost has a mental illness or something

Is it true that you aren't supposed to change Cat litter when you are pregnant? I heard it can cause problems with the developpment of the baby.
Myway is correct about the name of the disease, but if you've always owned cats there's basically no risk (and the whole cat thing is kind of controversial among infectious disease experts). The protozoa can live in any warm blooded animal and even the dirt. The risk is for a pregnant woman whose never been exposed to the parasites before coming into contact with them the first time during pregnancy. So, if you've never had a cat, don't get one or clean their box if you are preg. If you've always had cats, you've probably been exposed at some point.

I quit changing the cat litter when i became preg - but I dont wash my hands every freaking time I touch them. Im not too worried about it. So far my baby is developing perfect! My doc told me it was no big deal, just to have someone else change the litter box. I'm glad to have a break from doing it lol

Myway is correct about the name of the disease, but if you've always owned cats there's basically no risk (and the whole cat thing is kind of controversial among infectious disease experts). The protozoa can live in any warm blooded animal and even the dirt. The risk is for a pregnant woman whose never been exposed to the parasites before coming into contact with them the first time during pregnancy. So, if you've never had a cat, don't get one or clean their box if you are preg. If you've always had cats, you've probably been exposed at some point.

Question:
I was had a TB exposure at work before I was preg.(positive skin test but negative chest xray) and I was on isoniazid for over 9months right before I was preg. Do u think my son might have any antibodies from me?

Top Bottom