Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

ANYONE KNOW ANY GOOD RESUME SOFTWARE???

K

KAYNE

I NEED SOME GOOD RESUME WRITING SOFTWARE. IF ANYONE HAS USED ANY OR KNOW WHATS GOOD, LET ME KNOW PLEASE.

I REALIZE I AM GOING TO HAVE TO BUY IT BUT IF ANY IS AVAILABLE ONLINE, THAT WOULD BE EVEN BETTER.

BTW...I'M LOOKING FOR SOMETHING THAT GIVES ME A CHOICE OF WHAT TYPE OF RESUME I'M CONSTRUCTING I.E...FINANCE, ACCOUTING, EXECUTIVE, ETC. ETC.

KAYNE

OK PEOPLE, I KNOW SOME OF YOU ON HERE ACTUALLY HAVE DONE RESUMES BEFORE.

KAYNE

Agree with Warick, Microsoft Word.

There are a few templates if you have a copy of the CD, but best to format individually for the style you're going for.

You don't usually do differently for Finance, Accounting, Exec., etc.

Either go chronological (reverse) with or w/o an objective or summary, or skills/experience based (usually for those with significant experience). If you don't have very much experience you can break down the chron. one into projects or engagements you've been on.

MS Word man. Why do you need a special program? Focus more on the content rather than the appearance and you'll probably build a better resume. Just as long as its easy to read you should be in good shape.

-Warik

Mr Assplorer has some really great tips on resume layout.

KAYNE said:

BASTARD!!! LOL

KAYNE

That's what I used and it worked very well.

Presuming you have Microsoft Word, just go the template section for Office on microsoft.com.

You can templates that make it quite easy and professional looking. Just tweak the templates to your liking.

I JUST PICKED UP SOME SOFTWARE. IT LOOKS GOOD AND HAS LOTS OF FORMATS TO CHOOSE FROM. WHOMEVER SAID THAT I COULDNT CHOOSE A FINANCE TYPE OF RESUME IS WRONG. IT HAS OVER 50 FORMATS FOR DIFFERENT INDUSTRIES AND WHATNOT. PRETTY CHEAP TO. ONLY 30$.

THERE IS NO WAY WORD CAN DO SOME OF THIS STUFF. THIS LOOKS GOOD.

KAYNE

Top Bottom