Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Anyone ever have a herniated disk?

MP5

Banned
Went to the doc today about my back/hip problem. Seems to think i have a herniated disk. They sent me over the hospital to get xrays then the back guy is going to look at them and set up an MRI. Anyone ever have this? Am i totally fucked? I don't want back surgery, too risky. God damn bodybuilding is a stupid fucking sport.

I think I do but not sure. I have terrible lower back pain. Once I went too heavy on squats and I had to lie down because I couldn't move my legs because of the pain. But fuck it. I suck it up and do squats anyway but not as heavy.

I talked to a lot of people who have had back surgeory and they tell me that they only perform an operation only if it's absolutely necessary. So I guess you will be popping a lot of advils for the rest of your life.

I have had bad back pain-actually sciatica for almost a year. It sucks bad. It seems to be getting better. In the vast majority of cases, a herniated disc can be healed successfully without the aid of surgery._ A study done shows that 92% of people suffering from verified disc herniations recovered successfully without any form of surgery.

Go here, some info for you:

http://www.spine-health.com/index.html

Reactions: MP5
I hope you don't have to have to surgery bro. I am not sure what to tell you, but I can relate an experience I had 9 years ago in my freshman year of college.

I was doing leg presses on a fixed seat leg press machine (meaning you couldn't adjust the seat angle) on each rep in order to get my legs to the parallel point, I had to lift my butt up off the seat and let my lower back round itself off a little bit in order to get the weight down. Well by the third set, I was feeling a tight stretch and strain in my lower back. The next set afterwards, I stood up and my back POPPED. I got hot in the face and threw up on the floor and had to sit down. I felt feverish but was clammy cold. I had to sit in the locker room about 15 minutes just to stop shaking (like going into low blood sugar state).

I went home and the next morning, I could not get out of bed. I mean, if the dorm would have been on fire, I would not have been able to get up on my own. Two hours later my dorm buddy came to find me and when he went to pull me up by the arms, I passed out. After coming too, and for two weeks after that, the only way I could get out of bed was to lay flat and throw my legs over the side and slowly slide myself off the bed until my knees touched the floor and stand up. It would take my breath away. I could not go to the bathroom and sit down to crap without taking over 20 minutes just getting down in the sitting position and having tears in my eyes. I couldn't sit in a chair that was normal height, I had to use a bar stool for classes so I could just slide off and land on my feet.

I was scared shitless, mainly because my father had 6 back operations in his lifetime and each time, they caused more problems than they cured.

In the end, it was about 8 months later, after a lot of heavy massages that I had the ability to move around freely as I did before with no pain. Though, I was very limited in what I could do in the gym, I was not able to return to some of the basic exercises (squats, rows, overhead shoulder presses, leg presses, etc..) for another two years. I never went to the doctor because I had no insurance and my family could not afford to send me money to see the doctor with. So I don't know what the cause of it was.

After college, I was recovered to 85% before with my strength gains and exercise ability. After I got my first job and had health insurance, I went to the doctor and can you believe that he could not find anything wrong with me? Even after mulitple Xrays.

So maybe you just strained a muscle or something. Check into getting a hard therapetic massage twice weekly (insurance will cover, otherwise it is about $40).

thanks for the input. I will not get surgery unless it is absolutely critical. I have heard from a lot of people that it might fix the pain, but it causes new pains and problems. I think i fucked it on the hip sled. My feet are going numb on and off and my sciatic nerve fucking kills my left leg. I have not lifted legs for 3 weeks, fuck it. I just want to get healthy. Atleast i know what kind of movements hurt, and i can lift upper body and there are few problems. Anal, sounds like you were a mess, that sucks! Once i went big off a cliff snowboarding and cleared the landing too far and when i hit my chest hit my knees and i pulled every fucking muscle in my lower back and bit my tongue. I couldn't sleep, but that pain went away in like 2 weeks.

I have two herniated discs. My best friend is a Dr. and he told me that a back operation was absolutely the last choice anybody should make. He told me to try and treat it with medicine and stretching exercises. I can say that things have gotten a little better but I have to be real careful as to what I do and how I do it. Funny thing is, I can still play golf but if my back starts hurting before, I don't chance it! I usually have the steroid injections in my back but you can only have three in six months so that sucks and I space them out over those six months. If you have to have a back operation, go to a neurosurgeon and check his credentials also. Your back is the thing that you can not do without. Good luck!

MP5 said:
Went to the doc today about my back/hip problem. Seems to think i have a herniated disk. They sent me over the hospital to get xrays then the back guy is going to look at them and set up an MRI. Anyone ever have this? Am i totally fucked? I don't want back surgery, too risky. God damn bodybuilding is a stupid fucking sport.

My Mom had a herniated disk, a few years back..
And they tried everything before surgery; nothing worked..

So she had to go through the surgery.. It took her awhile
to get over the surgery.. But every now and then she will
feel weekness in her back.. But she's much better.

Good Luck... :)

Top Bottom