Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Supplements

Trance said:
I will definitely look into that. I've certainly been wondering.

NO! Listen, I don't know your past, but if you've ever had any kind of disorder, then this talk of "body fat", "thermogenics", etcetera is not good. I believe eating disorders are like alcoholism: you don't want to put yourself in a place where the old habits might return.

So, forget what your bf is, please??

Anyway, see their advice for adding muscle? Less cardio, more weights. That's what I was sayin'! Muslce burns calories when you're at rest, giving you the coveted "lean look."

As far as "thermogenic supplements"--I've started a few flameapaloozas with my views on them. Any kind of "short cut" or "magic bullet" that sends your heart a-zooming strikes me as dangerous. Outside of cardio, I wouldn't artificially tinker with the heart's speedometer.

Trance said:
I phrased that wrong. I meant that I'd like to add muscle, decrease fat, and yet not become bulky or "ripped". I'd like to keep a lean look. I find that I've reached a plateau as far as fat loss, which is why I've been thinking about supplements.

Um - just to let you know - you don't have to worry about "accidently" becoming "bulky" or "ripped". I have been lifting hard for 4 years and am 5'6 and size 4. And far from "bulky"....so, it's not as easy as you think to become big...

You need to lift weights and I would recommend ANY ECA stack (Stackers, Hydroxycuts, ThermogenII, Ripped Fuel, etc.....)

JLo said:

Um - just to let you know - you don't have to worry about "accidently" becoming "bulky" or "ripped". I have been lifting hard for 4 years and am 5'6 and size 4. And far from "bulky"....so, it's not as easy as you think to become big...

You need to lift weights and I would recommend ANY ECA stack (Stackers, Hydroxycuts, ThermogenII, Ripped Fuel, etc.....)

Trance, the first part of that is correct. Girl, you couldn't become "bulky" if you ACTUALLY TRIED. I've been lifting my ASS OFF FOR ALMOST A YEAR and can't move from a size 2 (sometimes zero). I'm not bulky, just hard. (That's your goal, right?)

Our bodies don't produce sufficient testerone to bulk. The women you see who have managed to become "bulky" are quite often on ... well, what is this board devoted to?

The second part of her post? Yeah, like I said: The consensus here is that thermogenics are you friend. I seem to be the lone voice of dissent, but like I said: tinkering with the heart's speedometer doesn't so kosher to me. (I've had isolated experiences, years ago. VERY, VERY BAD.)

Edited to add: too many damn syllables in "testosterone" and they all sound alike. I give up trying to type that word correctly. It's testerone from now on!

spatterson said:
I don't use, or condone the use of, thermogenics. I would personally use AS before an ECA, in terms of safety.

I'm afraid I don't see your point on her not knowing her body fat %.

Jeez, I could direct you to the ECA thread on the Diet Board and you can see me getting called out for my "ignorance" --what else is new?

As far as the body fat -- the mark on an eating disorder is obsession, right? Must be perfect, must be in control.

Seeking out one's bf for a person who is not prone to such things (and again I believe, these things are hard to "cure" as they are more matters of "temperament") is okay. But for one who is, next thing you know ... they're going to be checking it daily, etc.

Better she asks herself how she feels. Better she not have actual numeric statitics on her body at her disposal. Stats can be another mark of obsession. They tell anoretics: get rid of the damn scale.

Damn... I guess I'M obsessed.....

There are other ways to more subtly control bodyfat via supplementation besides thermos. Trance, I'll get you those links.

buksoon..... :)

Trance said:
I phrased that wrong. I meant that I'd like to add muscle, decrease fat, and yet not become bulky or "ripped". I'd like to keep a lean look. I find that I've reached a plateau as far as fat loss, which is why I've been thinking about supplements.

I think she wants the Janet Jackson look;)

WTF!!!! YOu are that tall and you want to weigh 120lbs...thats sick!! I am 5'10 and I weigh 160...healthy and NO i am not fat..weighing 120 is way UNDER weight and not healthy for you height at all...why are you so fuckin concerned about the number on your scale??? WHO CARES!! I guarantee you have twice the amount of bodyfat that i do and I weigh almost 30lbs more than you..WOMEN seem to have no clue when it comes to this shit..being skinny is not attractive. Lean mass is attractive...it increases your metabolism and burns fat!!! DO you even eat? You are going to end up really hurting yourself in the end....osteoporosis is going to be a real concern for you. Why do you want to be 120lbs? What is the great thing about this weight? My heart really goes out to you cause if you continue in this way it can lead to serious problems for you.

new@gettinbig said:
WTF!!!! YOu are that tall and you want to weigh 120lbs...thats sick!! I am 5'10 and I weigh 160...healthy and NO i am not fat..weighing 120 is way UNDER weight and not healthy for you height at all...why are you so fuckin concerned about the number on your scale??? WHO CARES!! I guarantee you have twice the amount of bodyfat that i do and I weigh almost 30lbs more than you..WOMEN seem to have no clue when it comes to this shit..being skinny is not attractive. Lean mass is attractive...it increases your metabolism and burns fat!!! DO you even eat? You are going to end up really hurting yourself in the end....osteoporosis is going to be a real concern for you. Why do you want to be 120lbs? What is the great thing about this weight? My heart really goes out to you cause if you continue in this way it can lead to serious problems for you.

I've made myself clear all along that I don't want her looking at scales, I don't want her measuring her bodyfat, I don't want her to want to lose weight. She's fine.

So I'm on the same page with you, just to make that clear.

But why shift into attack mode? Why go all "WTF" and whip out the exclamation points?

Realize that if you went out in the "real world" and said:

"I want muscles bulging outta me that can only be achieved thru manipulating my hormones with illegal substances!", most people would give you the same: "WTF" speech you gave her, would totally think you were crazy.

You even tell her what is and what is not attractive. I happen to agree with you completely, but I also know that it's opinion and subjective. A zillion guys will tell you that a muscular woman isn't attractive. Fuck 'em, right? Well isn't it then her prerogative to say: "Fuck you"????

And the health thing: yeah, if she gets thin enough for menstruation to become less, osteoporosis will be a problem. AS is not without its long-term problems either.

Top Bottom