Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

milled flax seed or flax oil ???

benapollo

Hi,

which is better

Milled flax seed or flax seed oil

I have tried flax seed oil and personally hated it (taste that is) but i need to get more healthy fats in my diet so this would really help me.

thanks in advance

cut and pasted from the web.

Flax seed contains flax seed oil in its freshest form. Consuming 1/4 cup of flax seed provides you with the Omega 3 equivalent of approx. 17 (1000 mg) flax oil capsules.

I think that is just more than a tablespoon, you may want to check that as I'm just guestamating.

Compared to flax seed oil, flax seed contains 98% more anti-cancer lignans and 97% more fiber (soluble & insoluble). The combination of lignans, fiber and Omega 3 help lower cholesterol, control blood pressure, reduce weight, relieve PMS and menopause symptoms and deter diabetes.

Flax seed delivers the full benefits of Omega 3, 6 & 9 EFA’s, plus all of the fiber, protein, lignans (an anti-cancer agent), vitamins, minerals and amino acids that are important nutrients for overall good health.

great link for info on flax seed.
http://whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=foodspice&dbid=81#descr

I'd probably do both. use the oil for salad dressings or mixed in smoothies/protein shakes and grind the flax seeds fresh and put on cereals, or just mixed in a glass of water.

Top Bottom