Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Dextrose Post Workout?

Leviathan

Right now my post-workout shake is 40g (2 scoops) of optimum Whey protein, and 1 TSP of flax.

I want to add some Dextrose, but how much, and what kind is the best (links)?

There also seems to be some debate on whether or not fat should be in the post workout shake? Why?

because you want your muscles to have it right away and fat will slow down the absorption of the protein. Here is alink where you can get the Dextrose:

Dextrose

tbone1227 said:
dump the flax post workout, and just add the dextrose, its much more beneficial that way. use about 1/3 cup which is about 75 grams of carbs. The best deal is at supplement direct, 10lbs of dextrose for $10

actualy 1/3c is about 55g carbs, SD's labeling is wrong.

dump the flax post workout, and just add the dextrose, its much more beneficial that way. use about 1/3 cup which is about 75 grams of carbs. The best deal is at supplement direct, 10lbs of dextrose for $10

tbone1227 said:
dam $6 is a hell of a deal. the fda lists 205grams of carbs/sugars per 1cup i believe

Well, SD states on their labeling trhat 1/3c weighs 80g and has 75g carbs. Dextrose has about the same amount of carbs in it as it's weight. Now if you weigh 1/3c, you'll find that it only weighs in around 55g.....so it's impossible for something to have 75g carbs and only weigh 55g.

I weighed 1/2c and it weighs close to 80g.

BTW, SD was contacted about thier labeling and they said something like yeah it could be wrong. There's a bunch of threads on EF about this.

Where did you read that the fda lists 205grams of carbs/sugars per 1cup ?

Last edited:
thank you JG, good info to have, if thats the case ive been a little off for a while now, that makes sense, because thats the same thing i read where the amount of weight in it is idential to carbs. I got my info on that from a buddy who works at a health store, he has books and manuals on all foods, supplements, etc. and those were the figures taken directly - let me call him in a bit and i can get a link to the fda site that he also gets the info on and ill try to post that here later on. thanks again

Top Bottom