Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

coral calcium?

KillJoy

have any of you guys ever herd of this stuff? they say it is 100%
absorbed. It is not really for me but my mom. She takes the calmate from GNC which is calcium citrate malate. That formula has a absorption of 40 plus. which is pretty good already.
but hey, it my mom were talking about, and if I can find somthing better, I'm sure as hell going to get it.

thanks for any info you can give.

KJ

coral Ca is an interesting source of Ca since its absorption is one of the highest.

Much better than Ca carbonate from shells and oysters for ex.

Good Stuff

Helps with difficulties associated with high acidic levels in the body, it has worked for me.

thanks guys..........yall two always tell it straight up.......type A, I have one more question. Which brand did you use? and was it the pills or liquid?

KJ

From the desk of Takuo Fujita, M.D.
Coral Calcium Debunked!
Back to AdvaCAL

Dr. Takuo Fujita
Dear Friends:
I am the founder of Japan's Calcium Research Institute, past president of
my country's Osteoporosis Foundation and author of over 400 scientific
papers on calcium. Having dedicated nearly 50 years of my life to
calcium research, I am generally recognized by the world's scientific
community as an expert on calcium.
I have researched many calcium compounds. I understand that numerous
"miracle" health claims are being promoted about coral calcium by a U.S.
television infomercial company. Scientific critique is required to put this
topic in perspective.

Calcium, generically speaking, is an essential mineral with abundant health benefits. However, the calcium from
coral acts no differently than calcium from any other source. The key to obtaining the health benefits of calcium
is to make that calcium highly available to the body. Therefore, a calcium with better availability will have a
greater health benefit.
Unfortunately, coral calcium, chemically defined as calcium carbonate, has been shown in scientific studies -
including those on humans - to be no more available to the body than other forms of calcium. As such, the
infomercial claims about calcium from coral being a "superior" calcium are simply not true.
Other infomercial claims need to be corrected. Any calcium will reduce the acidity or increase the alkalinity in
the body, not just coral calcium. Also, the mineral concentrations found in coral calcium have not been clinically
proven to offer any greater health benefit than calcium alone. Additionally, coral calcium alone is unlikely to be
the reason for unusually low cancer rates of Okinawan inhabitants. Okinawan diets, rich in fish and vegetables,
may be considerably healthier than those of my fellow Japanese Citizens, as well as Americans. Moreover,
Okinawans enjoy less stress and pollution.
Much of the published human clinical studies on calcium focus on its ability to build bone density. Calcium that
is well absorbed generally builds bone better than a less absorbable form. Studies have shown repeatedly that
calcium carbonate, from sources such as coral calcium, are no better than other forms of calcium in building
bone. As such, coral calcium is not likely to offer better overall "calcium-health" benefits than other forms of
calcium.
Coral calcium is a supplement of reasonable quality. Other calciums have demonstrated better activity.
Takuo Fujita, M.D.
Osaka, Japan
Note: Dr. Fujita's calcium research is available at www.publishedresearch.com and www.pubmed.com.

Top Bottom