Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

I Think I Tore My Pec

perryscoon

I was doing 225 on decline Hammerstrength and just as I started to lift off for my second set, I felt a sharp pain in my armpit. I immediately stopped, went and worked abs, and triceps and left.

Now as I sit here it fucking hurts right where my pec meets the armpit. There is no discoloration or deformity that I can tell.

Did I rip my pec???? Does anyone have any experience with this? God I am so pissed and worried. My cycle was going so well. Lifting is the source of my happiness. I don't know what I'll do if I can't lift.

I plan to make an appointment to see my doc asap if the pain doesn't go away soon.

that sucks man...i had a slight tear in my pec about 5 years ago...still have a slight dent in my chest where i did it, fortunatly for me u can only see it if i lift my arm up. when i messed mine up my chest and down my arm was black and blue the next day....do u have anything like that? it was hard when i messed mine up cuz i had to stay away from chest for awhile, which i consider my meat and patatoes...kinda never fully recovered as far as strenth, but as far as size it came back pretty quick....i hope u the best man, do the smart thing till u see a dr and just ice/heat/rest.

probably just strained it - but avoid the hammer machines unless you can modify their ROM (duct-tape some 1lb plates on the ends of the stoppers) as the wide and decline can put your hands way too far back for safe use

Tweakle said:
probably just strained it - but avoid the hammer machines unless you can modify their ROM (duct-tape some 1lb plates on the ends of the stoppers) as the wide and decline can put your hands way too far back for safe use

Bro, this is exactly what I was thinking too. First of all, I do not think its good that it makes you start from the down position, unlike barbell bench, where you start from the top. It felt awkward to begin with. My pec didn't like starting from the stretched position and with that much weight it strained/tore/something... Thank goodness I didn't try to keep going. Maybe I saved it from tearing.

I think I just strained it(not sure the difference in a strain and a tear medically) because its not turning color and it only hurts when I flex or "use" my pecs. Just sitting here its fine, but noticeable. I will see how it looks tomorrow morning when I wake up.

Thanks for the quick replies bro's.

As nycdiesel mentioned, you would probably have a large bruise if you tore your pec. You should also see a lump as well. It would be pretty painful to contract your pec muscle.

Most likely you have a strain, but if it still bothers you, go to a primary care physician and get it checked out.

Keep it iced for 24-48 hours (applying ice in a towel and then onto skin, never directly to skin). Don't lift any weights that require use of your pec for a few weeks. Sorry, no bench presses or butterflies for a month. Do it sooner and you could turn a minor injury into a debilitating one.

Top Bottom