Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Ab workout

yock925

I know with muscles you need to give them a day to recover. I've read that you can train abs everyday. Any opinions? I don't want to over work them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

there are guys who do situps everyday. just like guys who do pullups and pushups everyday too.. Mike Tyson used to do 200 situps everyday with a 25 pound weight first thing in the morning

there is a difference between working them out and trashing them. you don't have mike tyson's genetics, nor are you a pro athlete for a living where you can dedicate your life to working out and sleeping and nutrition.

just think about a runner who runs everyday. do they go and do interval training daily? no.. they will do tempo or LSD running. they will throw in interval training every now and then but not everyday

so yes you can do ab crunches daily, just don't trash them.. and if they are sore let them rest

You can definitely train abs more often than other muscle groups but I don't think it is really necessary. Twice per week is just fine.

Abs are a muscle group like just like any other muscle. When you train them, you break them down. You need to let them repair and recover before training them again.

Abs recover very fast so you can train them more frequently then other body parts but I wouldn't train abs more frequently then every other day. I personally train abs MWF

Once of the most effective ab exercises that I see no one do is the stomach vacuum -> https://www.evolutionary.org/forums...acuums-train-transverse-abdominals-44951.html

The abdominals are comprised of two sets of muscles. The rectus abdominals (which is the 8 pack that most people associate with abs) and the transverse abdominals (which is almost like your body's internal seat belt). The transverse abdominals role is to keep your stomach tight and keep your organs in place.

Exercises like sit ups, crunches, leg raises etc. train the rectus abdominals. The only exercises that train the transverse abdominals are stomach vacuums and planks.

Top Bottom