Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

starving at night...........

Snacks before bed are not only ALLOWED but a necessity.

All the advice here is great.
- Toss the junk shakes. I think the EAS suggestion is a good one. I personally drink VPX ZeroCarb in chocolate. 2 scoops is 160 cals of straight protein, no carbs, no fat and kills my sweet tooth at night too.
- Daisy's advice on snack ideas is spot-on as well -- My evening snacks are PROTEIN and FAT only. No carby snacks at night... the protein and fat keep you better satieated and they will stay with you as you sleep too so you won't wake up starving.
(The only time I do have carby snacks at night is on my cheat day, when I'll have a drink and/or dessert with and/or after dinner out at a restaurant. Otherwise, it's hands-off!)

Starving is never a good thing. It means you are in a catabolic state. If you want to gain or lose you can't have that! You need those amino's flowing! I would try to eat more meals through out the day. But you may just be one of those people that has more appetite at night. I eat birthday cake before bed sometimes, lol. But I also sweat like crazy in my sleep after that burning it off (my body is very weird. If I eat a lot before bed, it makes my body burn up and I just burn it all off). So I wouldn't suggest anything like that!

I would suggest drinking a whey shake mixed in skim milk and a tablespoon of natural pb. That should hold you over until morning. Another idea would be to pop an rala or two and mix up some fat free yogurt along with a small amount of berrys. If you go with the shake idea, I highly recommend you go find Omega's Amplify02 thread and get some glutamine peptides to throw in that night time shake. They really help hold you over and have many health benefits (regular glutamine is trash that the body can't use).

Good luck and remember, never feel guilty about eating, no matter what time of day it is! Your body needs proper nutrition to grow. Too many women and now men these days are scared to eat at certain times. Trust me, the body needs fuel!!! :)

Another good shake (and it has the aminos & stuff in it already) which tastes AWESOME (if you like chocolate) and you can make it thick like a pudding is Core from Core nutritionals...... :p YUM!

Here's a link to it on DPS: http://www.dpsnutrition.net/get_item_cu001.htm

Seems like a lot of calories, but the svg. is 3 scoops - but 1 scoop isn't too bad....

God Bless chocolate whey shakes! :D

And c3 -- birthday cake before bed?! :FRlol: Carb-fest-o-rama! No wonder you were burnin' up all night! THat's one way to get the metabolism goin'... not sure I want to burn in my bed though :D

T-Cake said:
God Bless chocolate whey shakes! :D

And c3 -- birthday cake before bed?! :FRlol: Carb-fest-o-rama! No wonder you were burnin' up all night! THat's one way to get the metabolism goin'... not sure I want to burn in my bed though :D
I WISH i could do that ... :evil:

*Bunny* said:
I WISH i could do that ... :evil:
No shizzle, ME TOO. Though I did have ice cream last night, woke up, and my boyfriend says to me "OMG, you are SKINNY! Look at you!"

Only me... only *I* would wake up looking smaller than ever after a night of ice cream. :D I'll eat salad all day and wake up tomorrow lookin' like a :cow: :FRlol:

And those of you who want to live vicariously... I got ice cream at Marble Slab (like Coldstone Creamery) and I enjoyed a medium sized birthday cake flavored ice cream with cookie dough and white chocolate chip mix-ins... and served to me in a Butterfinger waffle cone bowl. :p

I'm awesome. :dance2:

T-Cake said:
No shizzle, ME TOO. Though I did have ice cream last night, woke up, and my boyfriend says to me "OMG, you are SKINNY! Look at you!"

Only me... only *I* would wake up looking smaller than ever after a night of ice cream. :D I'll eat salad all day and wake up tomorrow lookin' like a :cow: :FRlol:

And those of you who want to live vicariously... I got ice cream at Marble Slab (like Coldstone Creamery) and I enjoyed a medium sized birthday cake flavored ice cream with cookie dough and white chocolate chip mix-ins... and served to me in a Butterfinger waffle cone bowl. :p

MMMMMMMMMMMM that sounds good.......but I don't really like ice cream all that much..... :whatever:

jenscats5 said:
MMMMMMMMMMMM that sounds good.......but I don't really like ice cream all that much..... :whatever:
If it has sugar in it... I :heart: it. I'm terrible... good thing I've found away around it! :) Otherwise it's back to 260# I go! Wooosh!

T-Cake said:

Only me... only *I* would wake up looking smaller than ever after a night of ice cream.
:D I'll eat salad all day and wake up tomorrow lookin' like a :cow: :FRlol:

^^ caker you will come to find that will happen more often ... I have gone on binges and woke up leaner, fuller and lighter OR the same weight.. not i am not kidding ... :D

but i hear you, eat a fat tato and BAM, Im up 3-4 lbs and look puffy :D

*Bunny* said:
^^ caker you will come to find that will happen more often ... I have gone on binges and woke up leaner, fuller and lighter OR the same weight.. not i am not kidding ... :D

but i hear you, eat a fat tato and BAM, Im up 3-4 lbs and look puffy :D

I've noticed that lately myself after a carb up..... interesting!

Top Bottom