Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Newbie and Frustrated

Welcome to EF.

Use the platinum membership to search pretty much anything that you need. You'll find a lot of info on here.

Thanks guys. Ill definately have to tweek my diet around...take out the pasta.

I also forgot to mention that I have always been athletic in HS played varsity soccer, was 95 lbs, then up to 120 in college. But when I turned 26, I became hypothyroid, gained from 120 lbs to over 160 (not sure what the max was)...finally when I was diagnosed a year later, started feeling much better.

Thanks
Ill read all the sticky topics and take advantage of the platinum membership.

If you need anything, just ask :)

PegasusStar said:
Thanks guys. Ill definately have to tweek my diet around...take out the pasta.

I also forgot to mention that I have always been athletic in HS played varsity soccer, was 95 lbs, then up to 120 in college. But when I turned 26, I became hypothyroid, gained from 120 lbs to over 160 (not sure what the max was)...finally when I was diagnosed a year later, started feeling much better.

Thanks
Ill read all the sticky topics and take advantage of the platinum membership.

Side note on the " whole wheat" issue: Be warned if "enriched flour" is listed anywhere as an ingred. on something labeled as "whole wheat"! Tricky bastard's. :)

Are you taking meds for hypothyroid?

As everyone said definitely loose the pasta and boxed foods (fillers, soy, hydrogenate mystery sludge and sodium galore).

You should stay away from sugar, caffeine, dairy and wheat with hypothyroidism and watch the spinach, broccoli, cauliflower and beans you eat as well. (there are more veggies to avoid but I can't think of them off the top of my head)

Actually you really shouldn't eat anything out of box or anything that needed to be processed before you could eat it.

And instead of Whey protein you might want to use an egg white protein powder instead.

I actually am taking Synthroid...I can tell a huge difference in how I feel. I used to sleep all the time, very hard to concentrate, now much better but I havent had my level checked in a while..guess that would be an idea hu?..hehe

So, you guys rec staying away from Wheat....so any other choices if I want a turkey sandwich, should I just use a wrap instead? I usually get them from Subway with no cheese, but im sure there are a ton of carbs in there.

Im definately giving up the box food..finished my first day with no Lean Cuisine!!

Are there certain veggies that you recommend..Im really trying to increase these.

Also just curious, why the egg based instead of the Designer Whey? Im very new to protein powder

Thanks so much!!

PegasusStar said:
I actually am taking Synthroid...I can tell a huge difference in how I feel. I used to sleep all the time, very hard to concentrate, now much better but I havent had my level checked in a while..guess that would be an idea hu?..hehe

So, you guys rec staying away from Wheat....so any other choices if I want a turkey sandwich, should I just use a wrap instead? I usually get them from Subway with no cheese, but im sure there are a ton of carbs in there.

Im definately giving up the box food..finished my first day with no Lean Cuisine!!

Are there certain veggies that you recommend..Im really trying to increase these.

Also just curious, why the egg based instead of the Designer Whey? Im very new to protein powder

Thanks so much!!

What about salad instead of bread?

Whey protein is much better..

Any vegetables you like. You can eat just about any veggies. I personally stay away from carrots (too much sugar) other then that any..
However, broccoli, asparagus, brussels sprouts (love bb; some people hate them).

PegasusStar said:

What were your iodine levels at when last checked?

I'm thinking, although not familiar enough with your condition, that your iodine levels are going to be a key factor here???!!!

Vixensghost...it has been a while since they were checked...I know that this is probably the first thing I should do, I do have plans to get the blood test soon, hopefully everything will be corrected with the meds

Guardian, I was very interested in Clen last year when I was wanting to buy some but I think if I get any Ill wait till I get my BMI % a bit lower...Im at 29% right now..and Im a bit worried about the side effects, so I never took it.

Im really ready for a new start here...ready to get the diet strait, and more lifting, This is my first week, and Im keeping logs of everything I eat/drink

thanks again everyone for all the great advice.

Top Bottom