Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Need a diet to share

getnfit06

I told my niece i'd print out some meal ideas for a good weight loss diet for her and her friend. Mostly for her friend ;) I'm supposed to give it to her on Easter Sunday.
They are college girls and both need to lose some weight. Sometimes there is a large time gap between eating (which is unavoidable) My niece only needs to cut some but her friend is on the road to destruction. She is pretty overweight, unhappy, eats TONS of Crap and is tired all the time and sleeps alot. Very unmotivated! I thought maybe i could try and help by giving her a diet and she could share it with her friend.
I am going to TRY a rough draft *i'm just a novice* so someone, everyone PLEEZ add your opinions, etc. ;)

M1: (Protein + Carbs) 1/2 c. oatmeal and source of protein i.e Shake, OR 2-3 egg whites with 1 yolk.

M2: (Protein + fat) Handful of Nuts should i add something else here?

M3: (protein + carbs) Tuna salad, and some whole wheat crackers.

M4: (protein + carbs) Lean meat source and veggies.

M5: (protein + fat) Shake

Ok elite'ers, add something!!! I am sure I missed something.
Also some ideas for WHAT to eat would be great. I know she will ask and eating on campus will be more of a challenge than what i face daily. ANd WHere could i add some Fruit in? That would be an easy thing to bag up and take.

Thanks!!! :qt:

getnfit06 said:
I told my niece i'd print out some meal ideas for a good weight loss diet for her and her friend. Mostly for her friend ;) I'm supposed to give it to her on Easter Sunday.
They are college girls and both need to lose some weight. Sometimes there is a large time gap between eating (which is unavoidable) My niece only needs to cut some but her friend is on the road to destruction. She is pretty overweight, unhappy, eats TONS of Crap and is tired all the time and sleeps alot. Very unmotivated! I thought maybe i could try and help by giving her a diet and she could share it with her friend.
I am going to TRY a rough draft *i'm just a novice* so someone, everyone PLEEZ add your opinions, etc. ;)

M1: (Protein + Carbs) 1/2 c. oatmeal and source of protein i.e Shake, OR 2-3 egg whites with 1 yolk. Make this 4 or 5 whites and 1 yolk

M2: (Protein + fat) Handful of Nuts should i add something else here?A small peice of fruit or some LC Yogurt is what I usually add to my nuts

M3: (protein + carbs) Tuna salad, and some whole wheat crackers.

M4: (protein + carbs) Lean meat source and veggies.

M5: (protein + fat) Shake

Ok elite'ers, add something!!! I am sure I missed something.
Also some ideas for WHAT to eat would be great. I know she will ask and eating on campus will be more of a challenge than what i face daily. ANd WHere could i add some Fruit in? That would be an easy thing to bag up and take.

Thanks!!! :qt:

If they have limited time, I would also suggest adding some salad with canned chicken breast, boiled egg (whites ONLY) and broccoli with a lite dressing. It's easy to take and has everything all wrapped up in one.

Another option that's easy is the packets of tuna, albacore, salmon, etc. I eat a lot of solid white albacore in the packets. It's flavored and doesn't need to be cooked.

There's more, but everyone and their brother want's to tan today, so I'm REALLY busy here at the studio.........hope that helps some! :)

That does help scorpiogirl ;) Thanks! I don't want to be giving bad info or not enuff info. Just trying to be helpful and share some of the great info i've gotten on here.

ANY OTHERS!!!!????

Do i need to name names :lmao: ??

I would also put EXTRA emphasis on getting all the protein in instead of eating "high carb fluffy cardio bunny" diets, such as too much bread, pasta, high GI veggies, high GI fruit....

She is in college? I am assuming she is 18-21 years old?

SHe needs a more balanced diet - she needs DAIRY in her diet. SHe is still building bone mass .... do not limit dairy here. Yes, brocolli has some calcium in it - but it is not the best source.

The base of the diet looks good - but add some cottage cheese, yogurt. A veriety of veggies and fruits are good too (for vits and minerals). Good fruit include berries, apples, oranges.

As for "unavoidable" gaps in eating - I call BS on that. Unless they are working in a sterile environment, there is always time to eat. A handful of almonds, an apple or even a granola bar are easy to eat on the run and in class.

Hmmm... well like scorpio girl mentioned... if time is a factor could always just have some tuna in a low carb wrap too because at least that can be made ahead of time. Then could always use some cottage cheese, and diced up veggies for snacks too. Hope that helps in giving you a few more options anyways :) Have a good weekend and Happy Easter!

Daisy_Girl said:
She is in college? I am assuming she is 18-21 years old?

SHe needs a more balanced diet - she needs DAIRY in her diet. SHe is still building bone mass .... do not limit dairy here. Yes, brocolli has some calcium in it - but it is not the best source.

The base of the diet looks good - but add some cottage cheese, yogurt. A veriety of veggies and fruits are good too (for vits and minerals). Good fruit include berries, apples, oranges.

As for "unavoidable" gaps in eating - I call BS on that. Unless they are working in a sterile environment, there is always time to eat. A handful of almonds, an apple or even a granola bar are easy to eat on the run and in class.
^^ agree totally with this beautiful momma right here ... take her advice

as well as SG's suggestions

Gymgurl said:
Bunny is cardio fluffy???Bwhahahahahha j/k
That's a first for me :)

:D

Ok, how about adding a fruit at M1 or M2. WHich would be best? I am going to try to incorporate some yogurt on one of those also, good calcium source. I know they like the string cheese sticks, where would be a good place to stick one of those?
Is it a bad thing to combine fats with fruits, like adding fruit to m2 nuts? I'm not real clear on what is good and what is bad to put together.
I may try a dummy day on fitday and try to get more accurate ideas for her.

Lots of ??'s I know.
Thanks peeps! :heart: :) ;)

getnfit06 said:
Is it a bad thing to combine fats with fruits, like adding fruit to m2 nuts? I'm not real clear on what is good and what is bad to put together.
I think an apple with almonds (nuts) is fine...

IMO it's the bad fats & carbs you have to watch when combining ...

Top Bottom