Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Leaning out big legs?

GymGirl3

Leaning out big legs? (Pic included)

hi everyone:D
I tried to do a search first and had no luck. Im 21 yrs old 5'5" 120lbs. I weight train, do cardio, and also diet. My upper & mid body are fine but I want to lean out my thighs, hamstrings and hips a little because I think they are too big for my upper body, even though they are solid. Currently I am working legs once a week heavy doing the following exercises (3 sets 8-12 reps):

Squats
leg press
stiff leg g dead lifts
leg curls
leg ext.
hip flexor machine

I eat pretty clean, w/ 1 cheat day a week. Im a vegetarian, eating high protein low carb meals and the only fat i really get is from natty PB.

Thanks I hope you can help :(

Last edited:
DO you mean sacrifice lean mass in the legs???

Lunges
Leg extensions
Leg curls OR stiff deads

....keep higher reps 15-25 and hit the stepper extra hard

what about cardio? Would running/walking help?
heres a pic...
ae6b3f9a8b4d7aca90a457bb1459c80f.jpg

wow....personally I think you are nuts - you look great to me....

but yeah - cardio will help overtrain - thats why I suggested the stepper

Why not maintain and hit upper even harder?

I agree with Corn! You have nice legs. If it was me, I'd tighten up my diet to bring out the shape of the muscles a little, maybe, or better still hit the upper body a little harder. IMHO tweaking balance and shape are going to do more than reducing lean mass--especially at 120 pounds 5'5".

Of course, it's your body and the important thing is how you feel...If you want skinny/stringy legs, though, I can enthusiastically recommend long-distance running. It worked wonders for me for many years! ;)

xoxo

Wyst

y thank u:)

I don't really want to my upper body to get that big, there is still some room for improvement however, which i am working on hard. I've been training for about a year now and I am still very young. What do you mean by cardio will overtrain; It's a good thing? So the stepper will be my best bet for making my legs thinner? How long and how many times a week? Should I switch my leg routine to twice a week light/high reps instead of once heavy?

Thankssss a million :kiss:

GymGirl, I think your legs look great, Of course I am a pro leg person.:D . I would say the same as Corn, overtrain them. My preferred method would be jogging a couple of miles a day I what I would do.

Of course You will also lose muscle other places not just your legs.

Just my .02

love

spatts said:
Have alot of you had success with this overtraining idea? :confused:

I was wondering the same thing. Seems you'd lose muscle all over, not just in your lower body, which really doesn't solve the problem.

I agree with Wyst - build up the upper body a little more to balance the two, and tighten the diet to lower bodyfat. That's about all you can do.

I'm with Wyst too, but I know we don't all have the same goals.

JJ, if I run distance my legs don't atrophy at all. I can see this tactic working with my upper body, but my legs just don't give it up that easy. That's why I was wondering how many people have really tried this.

Top Bottom