Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Karma's log

I didn't think I'd really do this because I've been scrutinizing the logs of other girls here, and well, I figure if I'm going to go at it for the 3rd time, I might as well do it 100% accurately. What better way than to start a log? :rolleyes:
It finally hit me, I'm only sorry that it took so long.

Unsure of exact stats.
Height: 5'3"
Weight: 145lbs
BF%: Who knows? I'll guess around..er..23 - 25?

Meal 1 - 1 r-ala

1/2 cup cereal (Weight watchers oats n fiber) - this is grand. It's sweetened with splenda, contains 17g of carbs which are all complex and 9g of them are fiber. :chomp: I buy this cereal only in moderation. - 90 cals per serving (1/2 c)

1/2 c milk
1/4 c apple, peach
1/2 c mango
1/4 med. banana
1/3 c FF cottage cheese
between 1/8 and 1/4 c cereal (for mix)

Workout Biceps/Triceps
One arm preacher dumbell curls 12x15, 9x15, 8x15
Dumbell curls 2x20, 1x20
Bicep curl 10x30, 3x40
Skull crushers 12x24, 10x27, 8x27, 10x24
Supported dips 10x70, 9x60, 4x50, 5x60 (less weight to support, more diff. blahblahyaddayadda)
Seated dips - 9x75, 7x90, 4x105

Meal 2 - Shake

1 r-ala
1 1/2 scoop zero carb isopure
1 tsp creatine
glutamine

Meal 3

Chicken thigh (baked)
2 tbsp parm cheese grated
2 slices apple
2 slice mango
1/2 small kiwi
1/3 c cott. cheese (ff)
3 baby carrots
1/8 c cereal
small piece of bread
2 thin slices turkey

Meal 4

3 oz. grilled chix
cup 1/2 mixed salad
tbsp splenda ketchup
1/2 tbsp lowfat mayo

There were things I haven't added into the meals like I properly should have. These include coffee and tea with splashes of milk and sugarfree gum.

Calorie total for 12/18: 1237 Calories

I promise to have much more accurate measurements of carbs/fat/protein later on.

Thank you tons. To put on muscle is the goal :) I tried to calculate a deadline enough to cut. For now the deadline is in February, so another 8 weeks. Then the cutting cycle starts. Jeez, doesn't that sound awful, cutting cycle?

Question - should I up my cals every week by 100 or 200? I mean, really? I'm a meso/endo type.

12/19:

Weight: 144.6lbs

Meal 1- r-ala
1/2 c oats n fiber
1/2 c ff milk
1/2 c apple
1/2 c mango
1/2 small kiwi
1/4 med. banana
1/2 c ff cottage cheese
1/8 c cereal

Coffee w/splash of milk
1 sf orbit gum

Total: 344cals

Meal 2:

Sandwich made with 3 oz turkey
2 piece bran bread @ 50 cals each
1 tbsp tomato paste

Snack: a few baby carrots

Meal 3:

Sandwich w/ 3 oz tuna tsp light mayo (about 10 cals)
tbsp 1/2 tomato paste
1/2 c apple
1/2 c mango
1/3 c cottage cheese
2" of a piece of banana (lol ;))
c cereal
2 slices turkey w/a tiny piece of bread (just ripped a little piece of the original)
1/3 c milk

Was awfully hungry :( Off to gym in a few

If you're bulking, you're going to have to eat more than 1244 calories, that isn't even enough cals for cutting.

You should try adding in some complex carbs (oatmeal, brown rice, sweet potato), I see you eat lots of fruit for your carbs.

Question - should I up my cals every week by 100 or 200? I mean, really? I'm a meso/endo type.
That depends on you....how much to you want to gain? what's your bf%? do you mind gaining more bf?

I promise to have much more accurate measurements of carbs/fat/protein later on
We'll hold you to that.....the sooner you can do this - the better! I have a feeling your carbs are pretty high and your protein is pretty low.

Good luck!

Miss24k said:
If you're bulking, you're going to have to eat more than 1244 calories, that isn't even enough cals for cutting.

You should try adding in some complex carbs (oatmeal, brown rice, sweet potato), I see you eat lots of fruit for your carbs.

I second this. After workouts, you are sub-1000 calories ... WAY too low for gaining muscle. Not only that, but eating 4 times a day? Try for adding 2 more meals.

Also, fruit is not a good carb source. It is healthy, so you can keep some in, but the BULK of your carbs need to come from the ones 24K mentioned.

Good fruits are the ones high in fiber and vits/mins .... berries, apples, oranges.

Meal 4: 1 r-ala

Protein shake peach mango isopure 1scoop 1/2
creatine
glutamine

(So very upset. I'm getting sick)

I start work tomorrow. It'll be my first day. Problem is, I have a HUGE appt at the doc's on wednesday and it coincides w/my work time so I'll have to take the day off. Second day on the job and I'm taking it off. I can't reschedule because I've been waiting for this for a month since my 24hr urine and 2hr blood glucose. Basically, the doc ALREADY told me I'm being put on metformin (sp?), next up whatever else the test shows. I HAVE to go...

scorpiogirl said:
That depends on you....how much to you want to gain? what's your bf%? do you mind gaining more bf?

We'll hold you to that.....the sooner you can do this - the better! I have a feeling your carbs are pretty high and your protein is pretty low.
Good luck!

That's the thing. I gain fat ULTRA easily, and muscle as well. Bf% I don't know...can't really find a place to check it yet. Gym's thingy broke and they don't do calipers.

You see, I have PCOS. PCOS patients do extremely badly with carbs. In fact, due to the hypoglycemia we work much more efficiently on low GI fruit :)

As for eating carbs in general, well, I'm hypoglycemic. I can't not eat carbs and I'm limiting them as much as possible. Take a look at my ratios :) 1/4 cup med. sized chopped apple? 1/2 cup chopped mango? :)

I keep most carby things early in the day due to schoolwork. Mental activity does after all require energy, and that energy is usually derived from carbs. As you can tell, though, I consistently mix carbs with protein. For every tiny piece of apple I would eat the 1/3 - 1/2 c cottage cheese.

Top Bottom