Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Karma's log

Miss24k said:
If you're bulking, you're going to have to eat more than 1244 calories, that isn't even enough cals for cutting.

You should try adding in some complex carbs (oatmeal, brown rice, sweet potato), I see you eat lots of fruit for your carbs.

Thank you for your suggestion. You're absolutely right and I've read/learned this prior...

I have to adjust, though, as mentioned earlier, to different conditions...
I can't eat as many starches as you girls do. In fact, I can't even eat as many cals when I bulk, nor should I. I gain quickly in both departments without stuffing my face.

I eat oatmeal all the time :) I adore it :p Brown rice I love too, I eat it occasionally. I eat beans occasionally too. Sweet potatoes are out for good, I can't put another piece into my mouth. Most of the fruit I eat are low GI and high fiber. (In reference to Daisy).

I'm hypoglycemic too. I know that if you keep eating constantly thru the day, you won't get the shakes or headaches. You get them if you don't eat soon enough. Eating every 3-4 hours for me works - make it 5 and I'm a complete bitch. I know how that works. I also gain easily with carbs. If you look at my log, I rarely go over 80-100 in a day.

Sweet potatoes are out for good, I can't put another piece into my mouth. Most of the fruit I eat are low GI and high fiber.
Why can you not eat sweet potatoes, but you can eat the fruit?

1/2 c apple
1/2 c mango
1/2 small kiwi
1/4 med. banana

This is an awful lot for one sitting. Why not just have one piece of one of them instead of 1/2 of this and 1/2 of that?

I admit, I don't know much about PCOS, but if the patients do bad with carbs, you should probably cut this back????

scorpiogirl said:
I'm hypoglycemic too. I know that if you keep eating constantly thru the day, you won't get the shakes or headaches. You get them if you don't eat soon enough. Eating every 3-4 hours for me works - make it 5 and I'm a complete bitch. I know how that works. I also gain easily with carbs. If you look at my log, I rarely go over 80-100 in a day.

Why can you not eat sweet potatoes, but you can eat the fruit?

This is an awful lot for one sitting. Why not just have one piece of one of them instead of 1/2 of this and 1/2 of that?

I admit, I don't know much about PCOS, but if the patients do bad with carbs, you should probably cut this back????

I've eaten sweet potatoes on a weekly basis before and now I'm sick of them.

And no no no! You have it all wrong! the 1/2 c of this and 1/2 c of that is actually about 1/4 of the actual thing :rolleyes: especially if it's 1/4 c of apple, for example, that's like a thin, thin slice. To the "why not just eat one fruit," well, I enjoy all different kinds. I wouldn't sit down and eat a full sugary mango :) A nice thick slice is just fine...

PCOS patients are encouraged to eat low GI fruits.. especially due to the fiber. Starch breakdown is impaired and the liver would process fruit.

Meal 5

1 chicken thigh
2 tbsp parm cheese grated
Thin slice of this fruit, that fruit. As usual
1/3 c cottage cheese
1/2 c cereal

Took r-ala after meal since I totally freakin' forgot...freak...frick frick freak. :(

Must get up early early for a liver ultrasound. Fasting. :(

I've eaten sweet potatoes on a weekly basis before and now I'm sick of them.
Ahhhh, I see! Yes, that happens to me with CHICKEN! Sometimes I kak just looking at it!! lol

"why not just eat one fruit," well, I enjoy all different kinds.
Yah, me too, but I usually have to get stuff I don't have to cut due to lack of time. I LOVE Mango!!

Good luck with the liver ultrasound. :rose:

scorpiogirl said:
I'm hypoglycemic too. I know that if you keep eating constantly thru the day, you won't get the shakes or headaches. You get them if you don't eat soon enough. Eating every 3-4 hours for me works - make it 5 and I'm a complete bitch.

lol you're good, I can not go longer than 3 hours, by 3.5 hours I turn into an evil b*tch, it's so not nice how I get, yet I can't help it, now if it even happens that I'm over 3 hours I just go very quiet, cause I don't want to bite people's heads off. But the boyfriend usually carries extra food just in case. lol

Freek even his mom knows when I'm hungry. :verygood:

Okay girls, here are the totals. But be aware that fitday didn't process the fiber correctly in the cereal. It refused to accept it and I'm not sure how to fix it. Can anyone help? I had to add it as a custom food. Each time I put in the caloric value and typed "17g carbs" with "9g fiber" it kept telling me there was an error, and when the clicked save it said there's an error b/c the entire value comes out to 57 calories :rolleyes:

Total: 1511 calories
Fat: 20 182 12%
Sat: 7 61 4%
Poly: 3 24 2%
Mono: 5 41 3%
Carbs: 191 698 47%
Fiber: 16 0 0%
Protein: 151 605 41%
Alcohol: 0 0 0%

Change that darn fiber value and double it, at LEAST. All in all it was between 140 - 160 total carbs. I suppose I should lower that, yes... or should I?

Jeez. I hope you all know I'm 17 years old :mix:

It's awful! You can't help but be a bitch!!!!! Most people who know me just say....."you need to eat?" lol

My fiance is the same way - but he's bitchier!!! lol

Karmic Pendulum said:
Most of the fruit I eat are low GI and high fiber. (In reference to Daisy).

But some are better choices than others.

Banana's are not typically the best choice for a Low GI carb - they are in on the nigher end, and are mostly sugar, little fiber. Mango's and Kiwi are the same. These 3 fruits are in the high 40s - low 50s in GI scale - which is on the higher end of low.

Better choices - apples, cherries, and even pears and peaches are lower GI than the ones you eat.

None of the fruits you eat (besides apples) are among the top 10 in fiber - the top 10 fruits with the most fiber are: raspberries, blackberries, strawberries, prunes, papaya, orange, apple, pear, fig, avacado (yes, it is a fruit).

What is with the cereal all day? Talk about processed - even IF it is high fiber, it is still processed as hell.

Where is your dietary fat? You have basically NO fat in your diet.

Put the times you eat.

Also, in the future, the more information you put in a log, the better. Not everyone remembers you have PCOS or your struggles. Many of us help many different people a day and cannot keep the specific details of ALL posters straight. The more details you have, the more relevant help/ideas you will get.

Miss24k said:
lol you're good, I can not go longer than 3 hours, by 3.5 hours I turn into an evil b*tch, it's so not nice how I get, yet I can't help it, now if it even happens that I'm over 3 hours I just go very quiet, cause I don't want to bite people's heads off. But the boyfriend usually carries extra food just in case. lol

Freek even his mom knows when I'm hungry. :verygood:

Boyfriend :rolleyes: I remember when they had those in stock.

I start to black out after 4 hours. If I ever do turn into a b*tch it's most likely 3 hours too :chomp: By the 4th I am faint material. No joke. I landed on my SATs and nearly fell asleep on Dec 3rd... test was too long...crawled home...:(

Top Bottom