Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

HELP..new here

I'm with ya' -- I hate oats unless it's OATMEAL COOKIES. :chomp: Too bad those don't count.

Anyway, biggest tip I can give ya' is to avoid carbs til lunchtime. This was the biggest change in my diet I made and it helped me to lose fat, get more protein in my diet to gain lean muscle mass (i.e. "feed the muscle" as you said) and I felt more satieated (full) longer through the morning and on to lunch time.

MY breakfast was as follows:
1/2 c. fat free egg substitute (or egg whites; I like the liquid kind for the ease)
2 slices lowfat cheese (any flavor)
4 turkey sausage links (PORK anything is bad fat; it's the kind of fat that the body cannot break down, doesn't recognize and will never break down in your lifetime. Get it out of your diet -- turkey items are just fine, though).

I would cook the eggs in a bowl in the microwave for 2 minutes, then take it out, cook the sausage for 90 sec, then layer the sausage and cheese back on the eggs and melt it a bit.

Downside: It's not a portable meal per se... but I teach and I take my breakfast to work in a container and eat just before the kids get there, so it IS manageable.

If you need more portability, go for protein shakes. I drink VPX ZeroCarb in chocolate. (Again, no carbs til lunch). Mid morning snacks (IF I need one, which is rare!) would be 1 oz of almonds or cashews or a 2% milk string cheese.

That's the best advice I got for ya' if you want to "feed the muscle". (Steel cut) oats are a great protein source (and fiber source) and low in sugar... but if you're not feelin' it... you just won't later on either.

thankyou so much ladies..some good tips there..definately going to try adding splenda and cinnamon..also making them into a pancake is something I will try as well.

Definately made me feel welcome ladies..thanks

hey girl, I use cinn, splenda and now raspberries :)
Great suggestions in here though :)
I never liked oats either, OR sweet taters, now I love them :)

Fit mum said:
thankyou so much ladies..some good tips there..definately going to try adding splenda and cinnamon..also making them into a pancake is something I will try as well.

Definately made me feel welcome ladies..thanks

For me the pancake thing made it doable w/ my work schedule. Usually I had to shovel down hot oatmeal before work. Now I just make them the nite before, get in my eggs, but I am adding in the protein mix --- in the past for competition I've done completely no protein mix, but eh. I like the stuff. The pancakes are perfect for eating in the car (no I don't eat, put on makeup, chat on my cell AND drive all at the same time...).

My tastes are pretty stripped down so the extra packet of Splenda actually made these things wonderfully tastey for me (originally only put in 1 packet). But if you like a little more flavor, you can put the no-sugar / no fat toppings on them as well - syrup, jelly, fruit, etc.

I have it really simple...may like it may not...
I have 1/2 c oats with water and sweet and low, 1T ground Flax seed, and water...cold..no cooking and best thing I leave dry ingredients in bowl covered with saucer, and in morning add water while I cook my egg whites (not scrambled) just as big omelette...

Top Bottom