Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Getting calories correct

harleysummers

[FONT=&quot]Ok, when I started this weight loss/lifestyle change I was supposed to eat around 1560 cals per day. (I was trying for 1500 actually) But when you lose weight, I was wondering if you needed to change the amount of cals you need? Someone once said that if you take your weight and multiply it by 12 you would get the amount of cals you should be consuming in order to lose. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]For ex. If I weigh 128, 128x12=1536cals. If I were to lose say 10 pounds then using this formula, I would need to have 1416cals (118x12=1416). Does this sound right to you? Do I keep adjusting my caloric intake by my weight? And how often do you need to adjust it?[/FONT]

let me address these silly deficit diets for you. the reason they tell you to have a cheat day or cheat weekend is because eating in a deficit does NOT WORK! i try and explain this logically to people but they don't get it. it is weight watchers. we all have had gf's who have done WW and they lost a little at first, but in the end they ended up gaining more weight, or they failed to lose weight entirely.

the reason is when you eat in a deficit your body is like a furnace, so it will go lower to compensate for that. now the geniuses who push these deficit diets realized that, so then they came up with the cheat weekend thing to make up the difference. well the problem is eating pizza, bread, doghnuts, bagels and all those carbs sends your insulin so high that your body goes into major fat storage mode. so you will spin your wheels following this bullshit

the other problem is a calorie is just a NUMBER. 500 calories from pure coconut oil is 100% fat. it will have ZERO effect on your insulin so your body will not go into storage mode. however 500 calories from 2 slices of pizza WILL have an effect, so your body WILL go into storage mode. so using this example you cannot just count calories

instead when you implement fasting protocols while you fast your body DOES NOT lower its metabolic rate. when you eat in a calorie deficit your body WILL lower its metabolism. see the problem now with eating in a deficit? these crash diets don't work for a reason. 99% of the time you gain everything back.
I would absolutely LOVE to work with you 1 on 1 on this and help get you in the right direction. hit me up via PM.

A prolonged deficit will work against your goals by slowing your metabolism

Top Bottom