Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Are your Calves stuck or not growing?

African_Triceps

This little switch up is giving me slow but good gains:

Seated Calves... ONE foot at a time... Throw the other leg over the top of the machine if you can... And bust out 15-20 reps... With failure coming on around 14-18 reps... Then lower your resting leg and use it as a light spot by pushing off the floor to help the working leg. Then switch legs.
5 Sets.
1min solid stretch & hold.
Rest another 1-2 minutes then back on.

Monday-Wednesday-Friday... BUT, do it BEFORE your other workouts. That way you maintain the strength and mind set of wanting to workout vs. going home or a half ass workout.

Next week. Standing calves... But use BOTH legs... Too much stress on the lower pivet point on the back if you use one foot.... So stick to both feet.. then back over to seated on the third week.

African_Triceps said:
pffft... those Hawaiin guys and their calves... It always goes to their head :)

i know! those JERKS!!! i hope they all die!!!

just keep on killing it man! seriously, SUPERSETs work wonders High reps... go til you fall over. :D

Most of my calve growth seems to have come from a combination of squats, cardio, and standing raises. The calve raises alone never did much for me. When I combined them all though, things started to happen.

I get most of my calve development from sprinting,jump roping,squats, and inclined leg presses

My calves haven't grown since I started training. And i've tried everything known to man to hit them. Then again i've only been training for 21 years so i'll give them a couple more.

Mach1 said:
My calves haven't grown since I started training. And i've tried everything known to man to hit them. Then again i've only been training for 21 years so i'll give them a couple more.

if there is one muscle group that can be damned to hell, calves are sure at the top of that list. But in all honesty, who really cares that much? there are other muscle groups that make a man look like a man. (no the penis is not a muscle hahaha)

By the sounds of it, if you do 10 sets of single limb exercises PAST failure 3 times a week for ANY lagging bodypart, then you will probably get a quick buildup of intracellular tissue and inflamation as the bodypart tried to heal, yet alone do any growing!

I would agree that calves need to be bashed hard with heavy wight and higher reps, and that once a week is not enough, but this is calf suicide!

view said:
if there is one muscle group that can be damned to hell, calves are sure at the top of that list. But in all honesty, who really cares that much? there are other muscle groups that make a man look like a man. (no the penis is not a muscle hahaha)

I'll disagree. I think calves are one of the vanity muscles. In warmer climates (I'm in south florida) where shorts are dress attire, it is hard to hide underdeveloped calves. Plus, for a woman, well developed calves really make a great set of legs. I'm no woman, but I have to think the same holds true for a guy. Maybe some women will chime in with their opinion.

Top Bottom