Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Are you hitting chest twice a week ??????

C0LUMB0

I'm switching up my routine and will be hitting chest twice a week. ( yeah i still love the old 1 bp a week shit ...so whats :D )

Have done many combos over the years .Looking for Pure Hypertrophy as opposed to strength.

1. Monday all flat + Thursday day all incline ...both days 4 x 10-12
  2. Monday flat & incline heavy low reps + Thursday flat & incline volume (5 x 10-15)
  3. Monday & Thursday - flat & incline for volume ( 4 x 10-12 )
What works for you or which option do you feel would lend itself to size gains.

K hits for all replies :)

roughly yes. but lately i have been doing more cardio on the weekends.. so i've cut back on the gym only 4-5X per week tops.

when i am in my full routine i will hit chest 2X per week. 6 trips to the gym a week total. 3 day split.. so i will get in chest twice.

if i had to pick one of your options i would go with #2. i dont like the same routine every split, i think long term you would get further mixing things up

roughly yes. but lately i have been doing more cardio on the weekends.. so i've cut back on the gym only 4-5X per week tops.

when i am in my full routine i will hit chest 2X per week. 6 trips to the gym a week total. 3 day split.. so i will get in chest twice.

if i had to pick one of your options i would go with #2. i dont like the same routine every split, i think long term you would get further mixing things up

Thanks Steve...mixing things up is always good,
#2 you reckon... i will dwell on this.

I'm slowly filling out my chest after switching to twice a week.. one day is a pure strength and power and the other day is a large volume day.. its slowly working.. I exclusively use dumbbells because barbell hurts my shoulder

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e using EliteFitness

I'm slowly filling out my chest after switching to twice a week.. one day is a pure strength and power and the other day is a large volume day.. its slowly working.. I exclusively use dumbbells because barbell hurts my shoulder

what set and rep ranges you doin on those days ...

what set and rep ranges you doin on those days ...

Volume day between 10-15 reps 4sets of incline, flat, dips, flys and cable crossovers..

Strength day reps between 4-6
Sets 5 of incline, flat and decline.. I won't do flies with heavy weight because my form becomes messed up

I'm switching up my routine and will be hitting chest twice a week. ( yeah i still love the old 1 bp a week shit ...so whats :D )

Have done many combos over the years .Looking for Pure Hypertrophy as opposed to strength.

1. Monday all flat + Thursday day all incline ...both days 4 x 10-12
  2. Monday flat & incline heavy low reps + Thursday flat & incline volume (5 x 10-15)
  3. Monday & Thursday - flat & incline for volume ( 4 x 10-12 )
What works for you or which option do you feel would lend itself to size gains.

K hits for all replies :)

I have not done chest specific lifting for almost a year...

so i did yesterday, i'm a bit tight/sore today for sure, did 11 sets 5 - 3 - 3 to failure

I don't do flat for the past 5 yrs mostly to protect the joints

Incline press 5 sets i got to 450 in a static hold on the 5th set

did decline 3 x 12 full range of motion
did cable crosses 3 x 12 to failure

did cable tri press 6 x 12-24 each set to failure

and when i'm on i do 2-3x per week, depending on how it feels, the 3rd time i might start with tri so the weight is not as high on the chest press...

I took a basic outline from stevemi for push/pull/legs, and do it 6 days on 1 day off. 16 sets a day, and when I fail with added weight 2 times in a row, I switch out the exercise and bring a new one in at 80% for the gradual build up. Just finished doing 12 weeks of reverse pyramid, 3 sets of 5/2 sets of 10-12, but am now pyramiding up 4 sets/10-12. Definately feel over all growth, and showing more full.

I also do not do 1 bp per week. But hypertrophy is not number specific. Some guys obtain hypertrophy at different rep ranges so 12-15, 10-12...I personally 10-12. I'm 31yrs old and this is just my experience bro. I've read ur posts and ur a knowledgeable guy but I found in the 16 years of lifting my chest was my weakest point. Finally found what worked for me and now I have a full chest.
Flat 5 sets pyramid 12,10,8,6,4 (5th set drop set)
Incline bench 4x 12,10,8,6 drop set 6th set
Incline dumbbell 4x10
Weighted dips 4x10
Idk ur routine looks good im just stating what worked for me in a bp I struggled with my whole life. I think the main thing is to hit that incline twice in one session. Makes for a fuller chest. good luck with it

Last edited:
Top Bottom